Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotCE - To the Lakes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Christopher knocks back the two drinks on the table and shouts at a waiter that they will need 3 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭opentarget

Pter wrote: »
    Christopher knocks back the two drinks on the table and shouts at a waiter that they will need 3 more.

Christoper...this is...em what did you say your name was again?

Eli lets the lady sit down and then pops in beside her.
    "Cristopher you where saying you were on the train as a trip of leisure."

Eli looks towards Mizuki, "what has you so far from home?"

'nit sure she is coppin us mate.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

opentarget wrote: »
    Christoper...this is...em what did you say your name was again?

Eli lets the lady sit down and then pops in beside her.
    "Cristopher you where saying you were on the train as a trip of leisure."

Eli looks towards Mizuki, "what has you so far from home?"
    "Eh...Brother..." she says extremely slowly, but laughing a bit at the end.

Meryl wakes with a start. That wasn’t a dream she just had, it was a memory.

She needs a real drink so heads to the bar. “Bourbon, please”. She finds a table in the cornerand sits down in the seat facing the bar so she can see all who come and go. She takes a large gulp of her drink and wonders what sort of life she’s involved in.
    Sitting at the bar she sees a group of three, one of whom is a Japanese woman. Again she looks familiar. Very familiar.

• Advertisement

Christopher looks around and asks the room

'anyone spoike japanoise or chinoise or something?'

Sean wanders over to where the cards are being played.

Half the bottle of wine is already drank as he peruses the room.

He's calming down from too high to just right.

"Everybody in here is inferior to me in every way" thinks Sean ... "I am just fantastic"
    A member of the staff comes along.

"Sir I'm going to have to ask you to keep it down"

Sean may or may not be listening to him, but he notices a woman with Mediterranean features enter that matches Sophia Abrigo's profile. She dresses in an ankle length brown gown and approaches the bar to order something.

Fourier wrote: »
    "Eh...Brother..." she says extremely slowly, but laughing a bit at the end.

Your here with your brother? A family holiday of sorts...and where are you staying? perhaps you and ypur brother would care to join me and Chris here for dinner and drinks this evening? We might not look it, but we are quite the cultured pair I think youl find"

Your here with your brother? A family holiday of sorts...and where are you staying? perhaps you and ypur brother would care to join me and Chris here for dinner and drinks this evening? We might not look it, but we are quite the cultured pair I think youl find"
    She mulls over this a bit, slowly translating in her head.

"I...will...see...with..." there is a long pause "...my...brother...".

She opens her bag to offer some mints.

She mulls over this a bit, slowly translating in her head.

"I...will...see...with..." there is a long pause "...my...brother...".

She opens her bag to offer some mints.

Eli takes a mint with a smile, he pretends to take it and cups it into his palm and into his pocket...hell drink cocktails blindly but this mint seems odd, hell examine when he has a chance...or else his breath stinks.

(OOC off to watch the Wales france game now)

• Advertisement

OOC: Off for the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Aurora turns to Jacques, who was frustratedly playing with the USB key, and asked him:

“I’m getting a bit thirsty. Shall we move this to the food carriage and get a drink? I hear that is where all the craic happens on these trains”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

A member of the staff comes along.

"Sir I'm going to have to ask you to keep it down"

Sean may or may not be listening to him, but he notices a woman with Mediterranean features enter that matches Sophia Abrigo's profile. She dresses in an ankle length brown gown and approaches the bar to order something.

Sean whispers "go fuk yourself " before saying ah no hassle no hassle.

He sidles straight up to the lady in the long Brown gown. "Hey, gorgeous dress, I have the same one, but it was too low cut on me" and gives a cheeky smile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

sullivlo wrote: »
    Aurora turns to Jacques, who was frustratedly playing with the USB key, and asked him:

“I’m getting a bit thirsty. Shall we move this to the food carriage and get a drink? I hear that is where all the craic happens on these trains”

"Sounds like a plan, it'll be good to get to know the people were going to be spending the journey with." He thinks he's getting somewhere with the usb but will try again later. He walks into the food carriage with his new acquaintance to see what's going on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Alexander excuses himself briefly to head to the bathroom. The waiters are slow tonight so he takes a chance he has time before one gets to him.

Once in the cubicle he sends a short text to his contact, helpfully filed in contacts under ‘sue’ - sue the sweaty old secret service veteran, he laughs at the madness of the silly game they play on a global scale.

The text is simple, “safely off, beautiful views: much more wildlife than I expected, must be lots of food at this time of year”

His contact will pick up from that the train is full of agents. Hopefully they’ll be able to give him a pointer as to what else is going on- there’s too much here for just Fawkes and bloodroot- the older veteran, the broken coke addict, French spies, moustacioued detectives and civilians trying to retrieve (thankfully well destroyed) USB keys- something big is happening!

He empties his bladder, flushes and then washes his hands before returning to the bar. Someone has taken his corked bottle of wine away. Spotting it sitting behind the bar he rather forcibly calls the barwoman, who looks somewhat put out until she sees his insistence:
    “ excuse me but that’s my wine- it’s corked and I’ve had to come back here to change it. If you wouldn’t mind......”

Sitting at the bar she sees a group of three, one of whom is a Japanese woman. Again she looks familiar. Very familiar.

Meryl goes to the bar to order herself another drink taking a few looks at the group, especially the Japanese woman. She’s feeling hungry so orders a club sandwich and fries and goes back to her seat.

As the three are having quite an open conversation, she’s able to look in their direction more openly without drawing attention. “Where do I know that woman from?” She thinks to herself.

Eli takes a mint with a smile, he pretends to take it and cups it into his palm and into his pocket...hell drink cocktails blindly but this mint seems odd, hell examine when he has a chance...or else his breath stinks.

(OOC off to watch the Wales france game now)
    Mizuki waits a bit and looks slightly confused, she then says "Brother...need...me" and raises her hand for a very exaggerated goodbye before heading off out of Carriage six and back toward the seats and cabins.

Barney92 wrote: »
    "Sounds like a plan, it'll be good to get to know the people were going to be spending the journey with." He thinks he's getting somewhere with the usb but will try again later. He walks into the food carriage with his new acquaintance to see what's going on there.
    As he walks along Jacques finally concludes that the USB is irrecoverably damaged.

OOC: From Computer skill

Sean whispers "go fuk yourself " before saying ah no hassle no hassle.

He sidles straight up to the lady in the long Brown gown. "Hey, gorgeous dress, I have the same one, but it was too low cut on me" and gives a cheeky smile
    She rolls her eyes and heads to a table by herself.

Meryl goes to the bar to order herself another drink taking a few looks at the group, especially the Japanese woman. She’s feeling hungry so orders a club sandwich and fries and goes back to her seat.

As the three are having quite an open conversation, she’s able to look in their direction more openly without drawing attention. “Where do I know that woman from?” She thinks to herself.
    Meryl gets a strong memory of speaking to the Japanese woman. She sees a high rise apartment in Tokyo, overlooking the city.

As they talk somebody is shouting in the kitchen.

Beyond that she cannot remember.

• Advertisement

tritium wrote: »
    He empties his bladder, flushes and then washes his hands before returning to the bar. Someone has taken his corked bottle of wine away. Spotting it sitting behind the bar he rather forcibly calls the barwoman, who looks somewhat put out until she sees his insistence:
    “ excuse me but that’s my wine- it’s corked and I’ve had to come back here to change it. If you wouldn’t mind......”
    He receives a text back.

"Perhaps you'll get a better view from behind storage?"

OOC: Storage is Cabin Seven

Meryl gets a strong memory of speaking to the Japanese woman. She sees a high rise apartment in Tokyo, overlooking the city.

As they talk somebody is shouting in the kitchen.

Beyond that she cannot remember.

Meryl gets up and heads in the same direction as the Japanese woman. They need to talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Moore sees her heading to the womans direcrion and decides he'll beat her to it

Two women are better than one after all.

He deftly nips in before Meryl.

"Sorry if my joke was a litte crude earlier, just trying to break the ice. The name's Moore, Sean Moore. Whats yours?"

Meryl gets up and heads in the same direction as the Japanese woman. They need to talk.

Eli spots the lady at the bar leave without eating so much as a bite from her food(Meryl)

Eli Stands up from the table excusing himself to Christopher..."Back in five, that dinner has gone right through me"

He heads out and slowly follows the lady stalking Mizuki...another Guy steps in introducing himself as Sean...he has an air of sleaze about him. Definitely a spy.

Eli hangs back and observes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

"Samson Miss and I'd love to, but I'm on duty for the next half hour I'm afraid"

'Samson, eh? There must be someone very important in there for a guy like you to be protecting him. I'll be down in the food carriage when you get off if you'd like to take me up on that drink hon. Thanks again for saving me'.
    She winks and saunters down the hall towards the dining car. She's resolved to pumping Samson for all the information he has on Fawkes. Using whatever means necessary.

Entering the dining car she finds it excitingly full and looks around for an empty table. She might as well do some more research on Fawkes while she waits for Samson to hopefully join her. She orders a bottle of merlot from the bar and settles in with her phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

He receives a text back.

"Perhaps you'll get a better view from behind storage?"

OOC: Storage is Cabin Seven

Alexander notices a small cluster of people are making to leave the bar. He lets them make their exit and then waits until everyone has gone back to their business. He wishes Otto a good night indicating that he needs to go back to his cabin but may see him later if he needs a bite to eat. Then taking the fresh bottle of wine he carefully makes his way back to storage in cabin seven, ensuring all the while that he’s not being followed or watched..

“Wtf” Meryl says to herself whilst sidestepping into the toilet.

Mizuki looks confused as Sean and Meryl converge on her.

"Eh...hello?" she says with a nervous look.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Entering the dining car she finds it excitingly full and looks around for an empty table. She might as well do some more research on Fawkes while she waits for Samson to hopefully join her. She orders a bottle of merlot from the bar and settles in with her phone.
    The information on Fawkes has him working on a number of retrovirus for delivering tailor made genes into cells. However his most recent project at Clarkson biotech is so hush hush even the French government doesn't have information on it.

A photo from beach about eight months ago has him looking quite pale and sickly, nothing like more recent photos.

• Advertisement

tritium wrote: »
    Alexander notices a small cluster of people are making to leave the bar. He lets them make their exit and then waits until everyone has gone back to their business. He wishes Otto a good night indicating that he needs to go back to his cabin but may see him later if he needs a bite to eat. Then taking the fresh bottle of wine he carefully makes his way back to storage in cabin seven, ensuring all the while that he’s not being followed or watched..
    He makes it to the door to Cabin Seven, through the glass window on the door he can see a few members of staff inside taking and removing things from boxes. Mostly food and drink.

Advertisement