Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotCE - To the Lakes

Comments

Fourier wrote: »
    Mizuki looks confused as Sean and Meryl converge on her.

"Eh...hello?" she says with a nervous look.

Standing half in and half out of the cubicle and speaks to both of them “sorry, I was looking for the toilet”. She leaves them in the corridor.

OOC: Misuki know Meryl, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Christopher, now alone, decides to stretch his legs and wander up to his carriage. He keeps his eyes open and looks around as he goes for any interesting diversions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Standing half in and half out of the cubicle and speaks to both of them “sorry, I was looking for the toilet”. She leaves them in the corridor.

OOC: At the very least you remember speaking to her at some point in your past

Pter wrote: »
    Christopher, now alone, decides to stretch his legs and wander up to his carriage. He keeps his eyes open and looks around as he goes for any interesting diversions
    Nothing too wild as he walks through the other carriages, just people talking. However as Christopher reaches his cabin he sees a dark stain just outside the door.

Christopher stops in his tracks and edges forward a little closer to see what kind of dark stain it is. He calls out to any attendants in aural range for some assistance.

• Advertisement

Christopher stops in his tracks and edges forward a little closer to see what kind of dark stain it is. He calls out to any attendants in aural range for some assistance.
    Christopher can tell it's blood at this distance.

"Sir?" the attendant says as he approaches.

OOC: Off now

OOC: Fourier you tease :D have a nice night!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭opentarget

Eli sees Meryl duck into the toilet and Mizuki looking nervous at so many people veering in on her...Eli nods at Misuki and swiftly sidesteps into the toilet cubical beside Meryls...he listens intently...this is going terribly. he needs to shake it off and get his head in the game. He listens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Mizuki looks confused as Sean and Meryl converge on her.

"Eh...hello?" she says with a nervous look.

Are you enjoying your trip so far? Asks Sean

• Advertisement

OOC: I find it really really hard to pee when I know strangers could hear it.

Christopher's face blanches as he distractedly answers the attendant.

'There is blood on the floor coming from my cabin......raise an alarm or go call the police or something, mate.....'

Christopher stands stock still, in shock. He waits for the attendant to do something or for help to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

He makes it to the door to Cabin Seven, through the glass window on the door he can see a few members of staff inside taking and removing things from boxes. Mostly food and drink.

Alexander steps into carriage seven and heads straight towards the man at the far end. Just as he begins to protest that He shouldn’t be in here Alexander cuts him off. “ I swapped a corked bottle of wind back at the bar but the bar staff only had a 2001 left. I really wanted the ‘96, a much better year. I’m told this is where you might have one” he presses the bottle into the staff members arm insistently “ good man!, just pop it into my cabin in carriage 3 would you? I’m off to get a bite to eat you see! Chop chop now! He shoos the man off around a corner to the wine and then takes the opportunity to slip out through the door and behind storage to see what might be there

Are you enjoying your trip so far? Asks Sean
    She stares slowly and sort of blankly for a minute before saying.

"Eh, yes. Hello."

She extends her hand to Sean.

Christopher's face blanches as he distractedly answers the attendant.

'There is blood on the floor coming from my cabin......raise an alarm or go call the police or something, mate.....'

Christopher stands stock still, in shock. He waits for the attendant to do something or for help to come.
    "Of course Sir"

The attendant runs off.

Christopher hears a sound in his room as if somebody is tossing the bed or drawers.

tritium wrote: »
    Alexander steps into carriage seven and heads straight towards the man at the far end. Just as he begins to protest that He shouldn’t be in here Alexander cuts him off. “ I swapped a corked bottle of wind back at the bar but the bar staff only had a 2001 left. I really wanted the ‘96, a much better year. I’m told this is where you might have one” he presses the bottle into the staff members arm insistently “ good man!, just pop it into my cabin in carriage 3 would you? I’m off to get a bite to eat you see! Chop chop now! He shoos the man off around a corner to the wine and then takes the opportunity to slip out through the door and behind storage to see what might be there
    Although flustered the man doesn't buy it.

"The serving staff will bring you your wine Sir. Guests are not to peruse the cargo. Now back to your seat and I'll note the year for you. It'll be out shortly"

Christopher opens the door and strikes a defensive pose while making fists of his hands, in anticipation of trouble.

Christopher opens the door and strikes a defensive pose while making fists of his hands, in anticipation of trouble.
    Upon opening the door, he notices an elderly man face down on the floor, blood pooled around his neck.

Although flustered the man doesn't buy it.

"The serving staff will bring you your wine Sir. Guests are not to peruse the cargo. Now back to your seat and I'll note the year for you. It'll be out shortly"

This may be trickier than I thought thinks Alexander, cursing “Sue” a little. Climbing over the roof isn’t really his forte so an alternative approach will be required.

“Very well, just make sure it’s a ‘96. Hell of a wine you know! Are you familiar with it?”

(OOC: are the staff here wearing uniforms, is there any obvious need for swipe cards etc?)

sullivlo wrote: »
    Aurora turns to Jacques, who was frustratedly playing with the USB key, and asked him:

“I’m getting a bit thirsty. Shall we move this to the food carriage and get a drink? I hear that is where all the craic happens on these trains”
    Barney92 wrote: »
    "Sounds like a plan, it'll be good to get to know the people were going to be spending the journey with." He thinks he's getting somewhere with the usb but will try again later. He walks into the food carriage with his new acquaintance to see what's going on there.
    When they enter they see a small Japanese woman is speaking to a tall handsome man near the entrance to the bar.

Aurora recognises the woman. She remembers Tonto having a video conference with her. He'd been quite upset about it, but never went into details.

• Advertisement

This may be trickier than I thought thinks Alexander, cursing “Sue” a little. Climbing over the roof isn’t really his forte so an alternative approach will be required.

“Very well, just make sure it’s a ‘96. Hell of a wine you know! Are you familiar with it?”

(OOC: are the staff here wearing uniforms, is there any obvious need for swipe cards etc?)
    Alexander notes the cargo carriage staff wear a dark blue uniform, unlike the typical waiter gear of the attendants elsewhere, or the butler style uniforms of the attendants in the first class carriages.

He hasn't seen a staff member use a swipe card, nor has he seen card readers.

"No Sir, I'm not too much of a wine connoisseur. Some of the First Class staff are should you desire a bit of a chat" the reply is delivered in a friendly tone.

Christopher grabs a sheet from his bed inside his cabin and tries to stem the flow of blood without hurting the old man.

'what happened, old man?' he asks the old man insistently.

Christopher grabs a sheet from his bed inside his cabin and tries to stem the flow of blood without hurting the old man.

'what happened, old man?' he asks the old man insistently.
    He turns the man over. His face is drained looking and he is clearly dead. He holds a note in Christopher's hand writing:

"Dear Otto,

Sorry we never saw eye to eye. If you think we still might, come to my cabin

Yours,
    Chris"

'flippin 'eck' Christopher says.

'im being stitched up propah' he says out loud to no one in particular.

Christopher has seen enough murder mystery films to know honesty is the best way to go. He sits on the floor and waits for the attendant to come back...staring blankly at the old man and the piece of paper as he does.

Meryl leaves the toilet and decides to go back to the bar to eat her food.

'flippin 'eck' Christopher says.

'im being stitched up propah' he says out loud to no one in particular.

Christopher has seen enough murder mystery films to know honesty is the best way to go. He sits on the floor and waits for the attendant to come back...staring blankly at the old man and the piece of paper as he does.
    The attendant returns with the manager of the serving staff.

"Sir, what appears...."

He stops in his tracks shocked.

"Garron, keep people away from here"

The attendant goes back outside Chris's cabin to turn away other guests as the Manager closes the door.

As he does, Chris sees a figure dressed in black who had concealed himself behind the door. He steps up behind the Manager quickly....

OOC: You've a chance to act

Alexander notes the cargo carriage staff wear a dark blue uniform, unlike the typical waiter gear of the attendants elsewhere, or the butler style uniforms of the attendants in the first class carriages.

He hasn't seen a staff member use a swipe card, nor has he seen card readers.

"No Sir, I'm not too much of a wine connoisseur. Some of the First Class staff are should you desire a bit of a chat" the reply is delivered in a friendly tone.

Alexander’s face explodes into a gregarious smile! “ why you’re missing out so! “ he gushes. He takes a (slightly excess) number of bills from his pocket, pressing them into the mans hand. “ here this will cover three bottles of the’96. Have someone drop them to my cabin and the third bottle is theirs! Just make sure it’s the premier cru!”

He turns and strides away and out before the man can refuse or give back the money

“I’m in first class! And for gods sake, tell them to take the wine, not the tip!“

Fourier wrote:
    As he does, Chris sees a figure dressed in black who had concealed himself behind the door. He steps up behind the Manager quickly....

Christopher wakes from his stupor and goes after the man in Black.

'stop that man...!' he shouts as he advances on the man.

He attempts to grab the man in black to keep him from fleeing.

Alexander’s face explodes into a gregarious smile! “ why you’re missing out so! “ he gushes. He takes a (slightly excess) number of bills from his pocket, pressing them into the mans hand. “ here this will cover three bottles of the’96. Have someone drop them to my cabin and the third bottle is theirs! Just make sure it’s the premier cru!”

He turns and strides away and out before the man can refuse or give back the money

“I’m in first class! And for gods sake, tell them to take the wine, not the tip!“
    The cargo room worker laughs, pleased at the money he's being offered and heads off.

Alexander has the back of the cargo hold to himself.

• Advertisement

Christopher wakes from his stupor and goes after the man in Black.

'stop that man...!' he shouts as he advances on the man.

He attempts to grab the man in black to keep him from fleeing.
    As Chris gets to his feet the man in black closes the cabin door and quickly knocks out the manager with a blow.

Two daggers suddenly extend from devices on his wrist.

"You got back here too soon, I'm sure you could have talked your way out of the note. However don't worry Chris, nothing personal, I just don't want you to be a problem later. I can't leave through the hallway anyway, too obvious. I need to use the window. That won't be a problem I assume?"

The voice is synthesised and he bobs a bit on the spot, looking like he is eager to move.

Advertisement