Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MotCE - To the Lakes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Everybody:
    As the sun sets, the train suddenly loses speed, tripping the emergence breaks on detection of an engine fault.

Roof top:

Eli and Meryl stumble forward from the deceleration.

OOC: Both of you here and roll #2d6 - 4 to stay on.

Then #2d6 - 6 to hold onto the assassin

Mizuki's room:
    The room is shaking. Sean knows he's good, but not that good. Something's up with the train.

Chris's room:
    Jacques, Aurora and Chris stumble sideways.

Fawkes's room:
    Fawkes stands.

"I think another bottle of wine would be fitting. I won't lie I'm quite eager..."

The room lurches and Fawkes is tossed forward and knocks his head off the table and out cold.

OOC: Off for the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Fourier wrote: »
    Fawkes's room:
    Fawkes stands.

"I think another bottle of wine would be fitting. I won't lie I'm quite eager..."

The room lurches and Fawkes is tossed forward and knocks his head off the table and out cold.

Heta stumbles as the train stops but quickly realises the opportunity presented to her. Checking that Fawkes is out cold and will be for some time she rushes to the bathroom to see what was stored in the briefcase. Spotting it on the cistern she crosses the bathroom to the case and investigates it to see if it's openable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭tritium

(OOC had heta left fawkes room yet and is the guard still on the door with all the commotion?)

Edit grand read Molly’s post there :)

Sorry, Eli

Alric6525 rolls 2d6 - 4 = 5

Alric6525 rolls 2d6 - 6 = 1

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭opentarget

Sorry, Eli

Crap..what did I miss, did you roll for me? Or do I roll as well?

opentarget wrote: »
    Crap..what did I miss, did you roll for me? Or do I roll as well?

You roll aswell as per Fourier above.

1st is for you staying on top of train. 2nd to keep holding the ninja

Roof top:
    Eli and Meryl stumble forward from the deceleration.

OOC: Both of you here and roll #2d6 - 4 to stay on.

Then #2d6 - 6 to hold onto the assassin

Alric2804 2d6 - 4 = 5

Alric2804 2d6 - 4 = 2

Sorry, Eli

Alric2804 2d6 - 4 = 5

Alric2804 2d6 - 4 = 2
    Meryl and Eli are taken completely off their feet by the deceleration. The assassin slips from their grip, his body tumbling off the roof whereupon his head is dashed against a rock and rolls into the forest through which they're passing.

Eli and Meryl fair a little better, managing to control their fall until the train is moving relatively slowly. Meryl hits the sides of the track and breaks her leg. Eli tumbles and almost breaks both his arms as they hit the ground first, a smaller man would surely be dead.

He wakes a few minutes later with cuts, bruises and lacerations and Meryl screaming in pain a few meters away.

The train is about three kilometers away from them up the track.

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Heta stumbles as the train stops but quickly realises the opportunity presented to her. Checking that Fawkes is out cold and will be for some time she rushes to the bathroom to see what was stored in the briefcase. Spotting it on the cistern she crosses the bathroom to the case and investigates it to see if it's openable.
    The suitcase seems to have a biometric lock requiring a fingerprint.

Sorry, Eli

Alric2804 2d6 - 4 = 5

Alric2804 2d6 - 4 = 2
    Meryl and Eli are taken completely off their feet by the deceleration. The assassin slips from their grip, his body tumbling off the roof whereupon his head is dashed against a rock and rolls into the forest through which they're passing.

Eli and Meryl fair a little better, managing to control their fall until the train is moving relatively slowly. Meryl hits the sides of the track and breaks her leg. Eli tumbles and almost breaks both his arms as they hit the ground first, a smaller man would surely be dead.

He wakes a few minutes later with cuts, bruises and lacerations and Meryl screaming in pain a few meters away.

The train is about three kilometers away from them up the track.

Eli shakes it off and grits his teeth at the pain jolting through his body. His training kicks in when he hears Myrel in agony.
    He struggles over to her and examines her. The leg is the issue ripping strips of his shirt he bandages some of the lacerations. But they leg...it will need proper attention.
    He looks around the place for something to make a splint with.

Eli shakes it off and grits his teeth at the pain jolting through his body. His training kicks in when he hears Myrel in agony.
    He struggles over to her and examines her. The leg is the issue ripping strips of his shirt he bandages some of the lacerations. But they leg...it will need proper attention.
    Given his training Eli reckons he can fashion a splint out of wood from the forest just off the tracks.

Given his training Eli reckons he can fashion a splint out of wood from the forest just off the tracks.

Eli comforting Myrel then runs to the forest and gathers some branches for a splint. He works on Myrel and dose the best he can with the materials at hand

"well need to get you back to the train so I can properly attend to you in a sterile environment, we don't want you loosing thst leg..."

Eli glances at the assain is he really dead.

OOC: I won’t be around tomorrow at all. Have a wedding to go to and still haven’t decided on what I’m wearing (never did find that dress either).

So, Meryl is gonna tell Eli to get her painkiller meds from her pocket. He’ll then find the gun. She will then have to tell him about waking up with amnesia and the old lady giving her a name. The old lady also gave her the clothes she’s wearing (the only clothes she owns) and in the jacket was the gun and some cash. She’ll tell him all she can recall so far.

If you’re gonna leave me here, please put me out of my misery.

Eli comforting Myrel then runs to the forest and gathers some branches for a splint. He works on Myrel and dose the best he can with the materials at hand

"well need to get you back to the train so I can properly attend to you in a sterile environment, we don't want you loosing thst leg..."

Looking around Eli can't see the assassin's body nearby, it fell off the train and into the forst maybe about a kilometer back.

As he looks he sees the sun going beneath the horizon.

It's cold out here.

OOC: Train doesn't look like this, but rough idea of the type of location
    TDmGnd.jpg

• Advertisement

The suitcase seems to have a biometric lock requiring a fingerprint.

Heta considers the logistics of trying to get Fawkes to the briefcase and quickly decides to bring the bridfcase to him instead. Carefully lifting it and keeping it level (just in case) she brings it back to Fawkes and pushes his finger against the lock.

Heta considers the logistics of trying to get Fawkes to the briefcase and quickly decides to bring the bridfcase to him instead. Carefully lifting it and keeping it level (just in case) she brings it back to Fawkes and pushes his finger against the lock.
    A small green pulse passes over the lock and she hears a click.

Opening the case she finds four steel canisters and a Petri dish looking container with a piece of grey skin inside.

[ooc: would Heta's intelligence allow her to figure out what this is?]

Heta quickly takes out her phone and takes a short video of the contents. She also takes some pictures too. She ponders whether or not sge should open one of the canisters.

[ooc: would Heta's intelligence allow her to figure out what this is?]

Heta quickly takes out her phone and takes a short video of the contents. She also takes some pictures too. She ponders whether or not sge should open one of the canisters.
    OOC: She knows the canisters are small refrigeration units, that'd be about it

OOC: Off for the night

• Advertisement

Heta decides to contact her handler and send him the photos and video [ooc:do I have phone signal/4G to send this stuff?]. While waiting for a response she does a quick shake down of the room to see if there's any other documentation or sign of what this stuff is and what he's doing with it.

Looking around Eli can't see the assassin's body nearby, it fell off the train and into the forst maybe about a kilometer back.

As he looks he sees the sun going beneath the horizon.

It's cold out here.

OOC: Train doesn't look like this, but rough idea of the type of location
    TDmGnd.jpg

Eli isn't happy to see the sun go down. Myrel won't last long in her condition in the impending cold.

She starts to ramble on about amnesia and an old lady and dresses...shes nothing to wear for a wedding? That seems out of place...the impact must have affected her memory she's making no sense.

Eli searches her and finds some pain killers and fills her full of them.

He finds a gun...its getting cold. He could put her out of her...or his misery and get back on mission...but she keeps pulling at his memory.

Eli looks up and can see the train off in the distance. He raises Myrels gun and let's of 3 rounds in the hopes of drawing someone's attention. Surely someone would have seen them both climb the train roof and not return. A search party must be setting out.

Eli then gathers wood from the close-by woods and starts a fire to keep her warm. And set a signed for possible searchers.

He's sets off to find the assassin. But the sun going down is against him. He sets off at a jog

Heta decides to contact her handler and send him the photos and video [ooc:do I have phone signal/4G to send this stuff?]. While waiting for a response she does a quick shake down of the room to see if there's any other documentation or sign of what this stuff is and what he's doing with it.
    She manages to send the photos and videos in short order.

Searching the room she finds some documentation in Fawkes's jacket. It's full of obscure terminology, but it's enough for her to determine that the canisters contain some kind of virus.

He's sets off to find the assassin. But the sun going down is against him. He sets off at a jog
    He finds the body of the assassin shortly after night fall. His head has been gruesomely split open, some of the brain visible through the cracked skull.

As Eli stands over the body he hears a growling behind him. A pack of wolves come over a small snow bank.

PQAQab.jpg

He finds the body of the assassin shortly after night fall. His head has been gruesomely split open, some of the brain visible through the cracked skull.

As Eli stands over the body he hears a growling behind him. A pack of wolves come over a small snow bank.

PQAQab.jpg

This assassin is well and truly dead. Eli hears what sounds like a wolf behind him...hes hears that sound before, he lost a pair of good dogs to a similar situation in the past.
    Eli takes his knuckelduster in hand and raises the gun overhead(ooc I think I have seen this film...) He let's one bullet go to try and scare rbr wolves away.

Eli isn't happy to see the sun go down. Myrel won't last long in her condition in the impending cold.

She starts to ramble on about amnesia and an old lady and dresses...shes nothing to wear for a wedding? That seems out of place...the impact must have affected her memory she's making no sense.

Eli searches her and finds some pain killers and fills her full of them.

He finds a gun...its getting cold. He could put her out of her...or his misery and get back on mission...but she keeps pulling at his memory.

Eli looks up and can see the train off in the distance. He raises Myrels gun and let's of 3 rounds in the hopes of drawing someone's attention. Surely someone would have seen them both climb the train roof and not return. A search party must be setting out.

Eli then gathers wood from the close-by woods and starts a fire to keep her warm. And set a signed for possible searchers.

Alexander heats the unmistakable sound of shots in the crisp night air, outside and behind the train by some distance. Recalling the events of earlier he knows some passengers chased a dangerous individual. What has happened to them and are there other attackers?

He bolts from his cabin and back towards the scene of the previous commotion. He heads to a cluster of people that includes the manager, Jan and aurora.

“What is happening? Why have we stopped and what are the shots outside?” He asks the group. He also asks if there’s been any sign of the attacker or those who chased him and whether the other passengers have all been accounted for as safe?

This assassin is well and truly dead. Eli hears what sounds like a wolf behind him...hes hears that sound before, he lost a pair of good dogs to a similar situation in the past.
    Eli takes his knuckelduster in hand and raises the gun overhead(ooc I think I have seen this film...) He let's one bullet go to try and scare rbr wolves away.
    The wolves don't budge and instead wait for more of their number to come, until there are five in total. The largest wolf then charges at Eli, the others following suit...

OOC: Here and roll #2d6 + 5.
    I'll have more to say when you're there as this will be a bit of a back and forth with the wolves

tritium wrote: »
    Alexander heats the unmistakable sound of shots in the crisp night air, outside and behind the train by some distance. Recalling the events of earlier he knows some passengers chased a dangerous individual. What has happened to them and are there other attackers?

He bolts from his cabin and back towards the scene of the previous commotion. He heads to a cluster of people that includes the manager, Jan and aurora.

“What is happening? Why have we stopped and what are the shots outside?” He asks the group. He also asks if there’s been any sign of the attacker or those who chased him and whether the other passengers have all been accounted for as safe?
    Jan turns to speak to him.

"I don't know! The train just underwent an emergency stop! I...oh god it's all going wrong"

He flexes his hands while speaking, obviously very nervous.

Jan turns to speak to him.

"I don't know! The train just underwent an emergency stop! I...oh god it's all going wrong"

He flexes his hands while speaking, obviously very nervous.

Alexander thinks **** it best to do something before Jan ends up going to pieces. He suggests Jan to give him a couple of his men to help him check on the passengers. Then he suggests they get Chris in the bar and see if he can lead a small group to see what’s going on outside.

“Jan, could you come with me also? I think it would be reassuring for the guests to know the situation was under control. Hopefully we’ll find everyone safe”

Alric5409 rolls 2d6 + 5 = 15

God damn wolves

• Advertisement

Alexander thinks **** it best to do something before Jan ends up going to pieces. He suggests Jan to give him a couple of his men to help him check on the passengers. Then he suggests they get Chris in the bar and see if he can lead a small group to see what’s going on outside.

“Jan, could you come with me also? I think it would be reassuring for the guests to know the situation was under control. Hopefully we’ll find everyone safe”
    "Yes, yes...that seems reasonable. After you. Ehm...I take it you're familiar with this kind of thing"

OOC: Your liaison training swung this, you're essentially in charge of the train for now

God damn wolves
    The alpha wolf dives at Eli, who just side steps out of the way, bringing the fist down on its skull and slamming the wolf to the ground. He quickly breaks its neck and rolls out of the way as two more advance on him.

He circles around the assassin's corpse staring down the wolves. When they come for him he's ready. He grabs the first's jaws and pushes them open too wide. The wolf drops into the snow howling in pain. The second receives a blow to the eye, killing him instantly. The wolf with the broken jaw stumbles off into the wood.

The remaining two turn and leave. This meat isn't worth it.

OOC: Off until Monday

She manages to send the photos and videos in short order.

Searching the room she finds some documentation in Fawkes's jacket. It's full of obscure terminology, but it's enough for her to determine that the canisters contain some kind of virus.
    Heta takes pictures of the documentation and sends that onto her handler also. She adds an urgent request in the message : PLEASE ADVISE ASAP. TARGET IN POSSESSION OF BIOLOGICAL WEAPON. IS TERMINATION AUTHORISED?

(OOC, is it considered ok to use info that you know from the game environment but that your character strictly doesn’t or is that frowned upon, for example we all know fawkes is unconscious but technically only heta as a character knows this, is it frowned on then to use that fact?)

[Ooc: kinda frowned upon tbh. Better to just go by what your character knows to be safe. Heaeing the bullets is fine but no one should know that fawkes is unconscious. Just like heta doesnt know/trust anyone enough to go to with the briefcase. She hasn't talked to anyone on the train at all apart from the bodyguard and fawkes.]

[Ooc: kinda frowned upon tbh. Better to just go by what your character knows to be safe. Heaeing the bullets is fine but no one should know that fawkes is unconscious. Just like heta doesnt know/trust anyone enough to go to with the briefcase. She hasn't talked to anyone on the train at all apart from the bodyguard and fawkes.]

(OOC: haha sound, I actually googled how far away can I hear gunshots to make sure it was authentic- this is like early days of WW all over again :) )

"Yes, yes...that seems reasonable. After you. Ehm...I take it you're familiar with this kind of thing"

OOC: Your liaison training swung this, you're essentially in charge of the train for now

Alexander has Jan gather four men and get hold of a passenger list before heading to the bar. The plan is simple, account for everyone in the bar, then work through the carriages to account for all passengers safety. It will likely take a couple of hours to complete even the bar which should keep them nicely occupied

(OOC I’m guessing it’s reasonably full?)

. Every man is paired for safety and told to raise the alarm at even the smallest concern. A man is sent to check on the driver too

Chris is with Jacques having a stiff drink. He still looks shaken but Alexander is impressed to even see him alive after the events of tonight. If ever there was a man made for scouting the wolderness its this guy. Alexander approaches him to ask for his help with scouting outside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Alexander has Jan gather four men and get hold of a passenger list before heading to the bar. The plan is simple, account for everyone in the bar, then work through the carriages to account for all passengers safety. It will likely take a couple of hours to complete even the bar which should keep them nicely occupied

(OOC I’m guessing it’s reasonably full?)

. Every man is paired for safety and told to raise the alarm at even the smallest concern. A man is sent to check on the driver too

Chris is with Jacques having a stiff drink. He still looks shaken but Alexander is impressed to even see him alive after the events of tonight. If ever there was a man made for scouting the wolderness its this guy. Alexander approaches him to ask for his help with scouting outside

Jacques, whilst having a drink with Chris, sees a man approaching who seems to want some help outside of the train. Jacques thinks that there might be more of interest inside the train than outside, although he reckons that the man is probably hoping for his drinking companion rather than a librarian. He also feels he has done his best for Chris and thinks it might be better for fewer people to be on the train right now.

• Advertisement

God damn wolves
    The alpha wolf dives at Eli, who just side steps out of the way, bringing the fist down on its skull and slamming the wolf to the ground. He quickly breaks its neck and rolls out of the way as two more advance on him.

He circles around the assassin's corpse staring down the wolves. When they come for him he's ready. He grabs the first's jaws and pushes them open too wide. The wolf drops into the snow howling in pain. The second receives a blow to the eye, killing him instantly. The wolf with the broken jaw stumbles off into the wood.

The remaining two turn and leave. This meat isn't worth it.

Ooc.... Who knows eli was such a badass!

Eli gathers himself from his fight with the wolves, he takes the clothing from the assassins and runs back to Myrel and the fire he lit. She is passed out with the pain killers and mumbling. Fever might be setting in.

Warming himself by the fire he decides it's time to get her to help. He makes a stretcher he can drag with branchs from the woods tied together with the assassins clothing and lifts Myrel into it.

Eli sets off dragging the stretcher. He follows the tracks in the direction the train went, hopeing to come across a town or the train if by some chance somebody heard the shots he let off into the night.

Heta takes pictures of the documentation and sends that onto her handler also. She adds an urgent request in the message : PLEASE ADVISE ASAP. TARGET IN POSSESSION OF BIOLOGICAL WEAPON. IS TERMINATION AUTHORISED?
    The text returns with a fairly clear instruction.

TERMINATION AUTHORISED. METHOD: TEST BIOLOGICAL SAMPLE ON TARGET

Barney92 wrote:
    Jacques, whilst having a drink with Chris, sees a man approaching who seems to want some help outside of the train. Jacques thinks that there might be more of interest inside the train than outside, although he reckons that the man is probably hoping for his drinking companion rather than a librarian. He also feels he has done his best for Chris and thinks it might be better for fewer people to be on the train right now.
    The staff assists Chris by giving him a snow jacket and boots. They pack a bag with a flare gun and some tools. They strap an extra snow jacket to his bag for whoever is outside.

OOC: Head out when you want Pter

Eli sets off dragging the stretcher. He follows the tracks in the direction the train went, hopeing to come across a town or the train if by some chance somebody heard the shots he let off into the night.
    A bit of light snow begins to fall as Eli hauls the stretcher toward the train...

OOC: I'll hold on Eli until I see what others do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Fourier wrote:
    The staff assists Chris by giving him a snow jacket and boots. They pack a bag with a flare gun and some tools. They strap an extra snow jacket to his bag for whoever is outside.

Christopher departs the train gingerly and moves back down the track towards the commotion

Pter wrote: »
    Christopher departs the train gingerly and moves back down the track towards the commotion
    As Chris heads along following the track he eventually spots Eli in the distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Christopher picks up the pace and shouts to Eli

'Oi! Mate! What's heppened? Who's on the stricthehh'

The text returns with a fairly clear instruction.

TERMINATION AUTHORISED. METHOD: TEST BIOLOGICAL SAMPLE ON TARGET

Heta looks at the petri dish in confusion, how does she "test" a piece of skin on Fawkes? Also she's worried that she's releasing a biological weapon in a confined space. She texts back: BIOLOGICAL SAMPLE DEEMED UNSAFE. ALTERNATE METHOD OF TERMINATION ADVISED. PLEASE CONFIRM

Heta looks at the petri dish in confusion, how does she "test" a piece of skin on Fawkes? Also she's worried that she's releasing a biological weapon in a confined space. She texts back: BIOLOGICAL SAMPLE DEEMED UNSAFE. ALTERNATE METHOD OF TERMINATION ADVISED. PLEASE CONFIRM
    The text back is curt and direct.

HAVE SUBJECT INGEST SAMPLE. THIS IS AN ORDER. OBSERVE AND THEN LEAVE IF RESULTS PROVE OVERLY ALARMING. WE SUSPECT IT IS NOT CONTAGIOUS. INFORM IMMEDIATELY WHEN YOU DO THIS.

OOC: Off now

Sean feels tired after a vigorous session. Mizuki has popped out to get some champagne, meaning he has the room to himself for a bit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement