Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotCE - To the Lakes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Heta curses herself for wearing a posh long frock and tries to ascertain where the ninja is heading to see if she can follow them from inside the train.
    Heta quickly realises from her own Stealth training that he probably plans to move along Carriage Two to the access window atop Carriage One.

OOC: Stealth training means you would have learned in advance how the basic layout of the train might be used for sneaking purposes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Fourier wrote: »
    Heta quickly realises from her own Stealth training that he probably plans to move along Carriage Two to the access window atop Carriage One.

OOC: Stealth training means you would have learned in advance how the basic layout of the train might be used for sneaking purposes

[OOC: I did actually draw out a layout of the train carriage. Talk about getting into character. lol]

Heta consults the map in her head and realises that he's heading past Fawkes carriage. She doesn't know who's in carriage 1 but heads that way anyway to see if she can head him off. She wonders why he felt the need to go outside the train rather than just pass by Fawkes' door. Odd.....

Meryl reaches the door to climb the ladder, the enormous speeds of the air blowing the air into her face. She takes a few steps back and leaps with all her might toward the ladder...
    ...she sails through the air landing with such accuracy on the ladder she barely breaks her pace and speeds upward three rungs at a time. She reaches the top of the ladder with the Man in Black only a few meters in front of her. He is moving quickly, but lacks her agility as she bounds along the carriage roof. He is almost upon him...

OOC: Up to you what to do next, Jump at him, shoot, whatever you want

OOC: oooh, I forgot I had a revolver.

Meryl knows that using a gun atop a speeding train may be a waste of time so she rushes after the man with the intent of bringing him down by grabbing his ankles.

OOC: Off now

• Advertisement

OOC: you do this on purpose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Meryl knows that using a gun atop a speeding train may be a waste of time

Ooc - that hurt my head. Im off to google physics :)

Ooc - that hurt my head. Im off to google physics :)

OOC: I haven’t a notion what I’m talking about :D
    Trajectory, that’s the bleedin’ word I wanted to use!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

"Sir...eh...there's been a murder..." he says all of a sudden forgetting himself. A collective gasp erupts from the bar. Knowing he didn't handle that well he looks around at the guests nervously, before looking back to Alexander and continuing "...the manager is also badly hurt"

Alexander knows he needs to get out there to assess the situation. His only option is to try to take control. He approaches the staff member and places a hand on his shoulder “ it’s all right, you’re shaken, that’s understandable”.
    Then to the room “anyone with any medical knowledge, please, come with me. Even basic first aid may be important- now is not a time to be modest”
    He turns back to the staff member, noting he appears to be on unfamiliar ground
    “ it is important that you control any panic in here now. People will be worried if a murder has happened . Please can you have your men spread out and reassure the passengers in here. I’m going to take whomever volunteers over to the manager to see what we can do to help. do you understand” he nods suggestively at the man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

tritium wrote: »
    Alexander knows he needs to get out there to assess the situation. His only option is to try to take control. He approaches the staff member and places a hand on his shoulder “ it’s all right, you’re shaken, that’s understandable”.
    Then to the room “anyone with any medical knowledge, please, come with me. Even basic first aid may be important- now is not a time to be modest”
    “ it is important that you control any panic in here now. People will be worried if a murder has happened . Please can you have your men spread out and reassure the passengers in here. I’m going to take whomever volunteers over to the manager to see what we can do to help. do you understand” he nods suggestively at the man
    Aurora steps forward: “I know the basics in first aid, how can I help?” Her last foray into lifesaving didn’t do much, but they were desperate on the train.
    He arrives in Carriage Eight, a fairly bare cabin carrying large crates with the names of some of the guests on them.

One small box draws his eye, it has a Soviet Bear sticker on it.

ccbOvq.jpg

Aurora glances quickly and sees the box. The picture looks familiar. She thinks it may have been on a book mark in the book she borrowed from Jacques.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

[OOC: are you Derren Brown?]

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭opentarget

Pter wrote: »
    Christopher calls out for help and a doctor.

Hearing a call for a doctor Eli barges past the staff announcing himself as a doctor.
    Eli then hears a ruckus from what he assumes is the roof of the train.
    Looking around for access Eli kicks out a window and in drags himself up and out the window and grabs a small ladder on the side of the train. He makes his way to the roof. The wind making each step almost impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

"We're all taught first aid in the library, you'd be surprised how often people require it when they get to the twists in certain books. So if you need another set of hands, I can be of service." Jacques had made up the bit about learning first aid in the library, he had actually picked up a thing or two whilst travelling around Scandinavia and Eastern Europe. He didn't need to tell them that however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Christopher asks the 'medics' present to check the manager.

He suggests they throw a cover or blanket over the body of the deceased old man.

He further suggests that he needs his cut sewn up and a stiff drink.

He then proceeds to vomit on the floor; a delayed reaction to finding a dead body in his room and being attacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

He suggests they throw a cover or blanket over the body of the deceased old man.

He then proceeds to vomit on the floor; a delayed reaction to finding a dead body in his room and being attacked.

Jacques does his best to reassure Christopher, before promptly setting about attending to his cut. It doesn't look too bad, compared to some of the things he has seen but he understands that he is not the one that has been cut. He agrees with the patient about the stiff drink, and wonders if someone might be able to get him something. Bringing Christopher into the bar itself might add to the disturbance and also might make it harder to find out details of the attack.

Meryl knows that using a gun atop a speeding train may be a waste of time so she rushes after the man with the intent of bringing him down by grabbing his ankles.

OOC: I’m in a matrix style slow mo pose right now

Meryl leaps and grabs the Man in Blacks feet, though it works out as more of a tackle than and ankle grab. She brings him down with a thud, but he kicks out at her attempting to break free. Unfortunately he does so with enough force to cause himself and Meryl to slide off the train roof...

OOC: Roll #2d6 + 3 here

rolls 2d6 + 3 = 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

OOC: Good roll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

(OOC: can I assume we made it here so :) )

Alexander steps over to Christopher.
    “Hello, you may be in shock. I’m Alexander and we’re going to help you. Your injuries don’t look too bad thankfully. I’ll even get you that stiff drink in a minute. Can you tell me your name and what you remember about what happened here?”

As he talks Alexander surveys the carriage noting where the different actions took place. Otto killed swiftly by the looks of it, the manager, attacked near the door. This man, showing clear defensive injuries, definitely fought back. The attacker was clearly skilled, for the man in front of him to have survived he also has skills and experience....

• Advertisement

OOC: Sorry Internet went down, back now. Posts coming

"I guess I could ask, usually the manager would do that, ehm maybe George..."
    he looks around the room for another staff member "...oh eh George isn't here..."

He looks at the crowd.

"Everything is okay, just somebody is a bit hurt...I think"

The crowd in general don't look convinced.

OOC: Man in Black just made his roll.
    OOC: I’m in a matrix style slow mo pose right now
    opentarget wrote: »
    Hearing a call for a doctor Eli barges past the staff announcing himself as a doctor.
    Eli then hears a ruckus from what he assumes is the roof of the train.
    Looking around for access Eli kicks out a window and in drags himself up and out the window and grabs a small ladder on the side of the train. He makes his way to the roof. The wind making each step almost impossible.
    rolls 2d6 + 3 = 11
    The Man in Black tumbles to the edge of the roof, but just about manages to hold on with one hand to a roof panel handle. The effort to pull himself up is too much.

Meryl however kicks against the train roof with style, flipping herself back onto her feet.

At this point Eli arrives at their position. Seeing Meryl steady herself and a man dressed in stealth gear holding onto the roof.

At this point Eli arrives at their position. Seeing Meryl steady herself and a man dressed in stealth gear holding onto the roof.

Eli reaches into his pocket abd slips his hand into the familiar knuckleduster, Seeing that Meryl is ok he dashes over to the edge he grabs a handful of the assassins cloths and goes to pull him up, knuckleduster at the ready...just encase.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Aurora steps forward: “I know the basics in first aid, how can I help?” Her last foray into lifesaving didn’t do much, but they were desperate on the train.
    Jacques does his best to reassure Christopher, before promptly setting about attending to his cut. It doesn't look too bad, compared to some of the things he has seen but he understands that he is not the one that has been cut. He agrees with the patient about the stiff drink, and wonders if someone might be able to get him something. Bringing Christopher into the bar itself might add to the disturbance and also might make it harder to find out details of the attack.
    As Jacques tends to the managers wounds, Aurora notices something odd about the deceased man's neck wounds. A slight blackening of the flesh about the cut.

Eli reaches into his pocket abd slips his hand into the familiar knuckleduster, Seeing that Meryl is ok he dashes over to the edge he grabs a handful of the assassins cloths and goes to pull him up, knuckleduster at the ready...just encase.
    The assassin is surprised to see somebody helping him. As Eli pulls him up, he steadies himself slowly.

"Hammer I take it?" he says with a touch of annoyance.

Seeing him up close like this Eli sees that mask covering the assassin's face despite looking completely obscuring from a distance simply has a tinted visor over the eyes. He can see enough to tell the man is missing one eye.

As Jacques tends to the managers wounds, Aurora notices something odd about the deceased man's neck wounds. A slight blackening of the flesh about the cut.
    “Jacques, careful. Don’t touch his neck with your hand. Put on these gloves. I’m not sure if I’m seeing things but that neck wound looks necrotic.”

The assassin is surprised to see somebody helping him. As Eli pulls him up, he steadies himself slowly.

"Hammer I take it?" he says with a touch of annoyance.

Seeing him up close like this Eli sees that mask covering the assassin's face despite looking completely obscuring from a distance simply has a tinted visor over the eyes. He can see enough to tell the man is missing one eye.

HAMMER at your service, I only have you capture you...my brief didnt specify if you need to be conscious...Eli tightens his fingers around his Knuckleduster and swings a blow for the Assasins good eye

sullivlo wrote: »
    “Jacques, careful. Don’t touch his neck with your hand. Put on these gloves. I’m not sure if I’m seeing things but that neck wound looks necrotic.”
    “On reflection, it could be bruising. Either way, black cut is bad.”

• Advertisement

HAMMER at your service, I only have you capture you...my brief didnt specify if you need to be conscious...Eli tightens his fingers around his Knuckleduster and swings a blow for the Assasins good eye
    OOC: Roll #2d6 + 4 here. The +4 is due to both your incredible strength and the advantage you have on him.

Advertisement