Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV and Eir F2000 Router

• 28-01-2019 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just got upgraded to Fibre broadband over the phoneline (not optical to the home) and the new Eir F2000 router was supplied. Cannot reconnect my older Eircom D1000 router that used to work.

I cannot access my CCTV anymore, I have a static IP address which allowed me to remotely access the CCTV on 192.168.1.30:80

Anyone using this modem manage to successfully setup the router to allow the CCTV to be remotely viewed?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭grinder23

Danno wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just got upgraded to Fibre broadband over the phoneline (not optical to the home) and the new Eir F2000 router was supplied. Cannot reconnect my older Eircom D1000 router that used to work.

I cannot access my CCTV anymore, I have a static IP address which allowed me to remotely access the CCTV on 192.168.1.30:80

Anyone using this modem manage to successfully setup the router to allow the CCTV to be remotely viewed?

Many thanks!
    Who ever upgraded you probably removed the static ip you might need to have it re-instated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

grinder23 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Many thanks!
    Who ever upgraded you probably removed the static ip you might need to have it re-instated
    Nope, its still there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi All,

Many thanks!
    Hi Danno, 

I would suggest contacting our technical team on 1890260260 and they can assist. Alternatively, you can contact our online technical team here

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Sounds like your port forwarding is gone. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Riamfada wrote: »
    Sounds like your port forwarding is gone. 
    Connecting to 192.168.1.30:80 would suggest that they are connecting to it locally and would not require port forwarding. 

Are you sure that device has been assigned the 192.168.1.30 address, you can check in the router settings. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

As tuxy said the 192.168 range is for local network addresses
    Goto http://www.whatsmyip.org/ and it will show your actual IP

Saying that you will probably have to change other settings to access the cctv remotely

Advertisement