If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ambilight - Worth the premium or a distraction

Options
  • 28-01-2019 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads,

I'm flat out saving for a new TV at the moment. 65 inch is my sweet spot for the living room. I've 2 TVs identified at the minute

Philips 65PUS6703
    LG65UK6400PLF

I like the idea of the Ambilight, but at €200 more, is it that good? I can see how it would add to the experience, but equally, would it distract too much from the screen? 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Hey lads,

I'm flat out saving for a new TV at the moment. 65 inch is my sweet spot for the living room. I've 2 TVs identified at the minute

Philips 65PUS6703
    LG65UK6400PLF

I like the idea of the Ambilight, but at €200 more, is it that good? I can see how it would add to the experience, but equally, would it distract too much from the screen? 
    Hi Gerrybbadd.

Thanks for the post.

Both the LG 55UK6400 and the 65PUS6703 are great televisions.

However the extra 200 Euro for the phillips is not just for the Ambilight feature. (Which can be switched off if you do not want to use it). It's really done to personal preference but it does make movies etc feel more immersive.
    The Philips has micro dimming which helps give a better contrast.
    The Philips also has a slightly faster motion processor.

Any questions please let me know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.