Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30 Days Notice

Options
  • 28-01-2019 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭

Regardless of whether you accept it or not, this post is going to act as my 30 days notice. My contract is us on the 21st of Feb. I have tried multiple times to get through to you, as all I wanted to do was swap onto a sim only deal. I have rang 6 or 7 times, and never gotten through. I have rang the Sales team (who actually answer right away! A win for new customers but worthless for those actually paying you money) who couldn't help. I have talked to people online. I've just given up on a 40 minute phone call, and that inane music.

As things stand, I'm just porting to another network - it's just easier than having to deal with this circus. Come end of August, I'll be taking my wife and my broadband elsewhere too. 

This was a simple request, and I can't be dealing with it. I don't blame anyone here, but if you want to take the feedback to people who matter, work away.

Regards,
    Chris

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

chrislad wrote: »
    Regardless of whether you accept it or not, this post is going to act as my 30 days notice. My contract is us on the 21st of Feb. I have tried multiple times to get through to you, as all I wanted to do was swap onto a sim only deal. I have rang 6 or 7 times, and never gotten through. I have rang the Sales team (who actually answer right away! A win for new customers but worthless for those actually paying you money) who couldn't help. I have talked to people online. I've just given up on a 40 minute phone call, and that inane music.

As things stand, I'm just porting to another network - it's just easier than having to deal with this circus. Come end of August, I'll be taking my wife and my broadband elsewhere too. 

This was a simple request, and I can't be dealing with it. I don't blame anyone here, but if you want to take the feedback to people who matter, work away.

Regards,
    Chris
    Hi Chris, 

Sorry to hear you are unable to get through to our cancellation team. 

The social media team are unable to take your cancellation notice here. 

You are required to give 30 days notice to this team by calling 1901. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I don't care about your process. I cannot give 30 days notice because your "team" won't answer the phone. I am porting off the network once I get my new sim tomorrow. I have already paid up until end of Feb, and I will not be paying more on my account after that. This post is simply proof that I have given my notice to an official channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

chrislad wrote: »
    I don't care about your process. I cannot give 30 days notice because your "team" won't answer the phone. I am porting off the network once I get my new sim tomorrow. I have already paid up until end of Feb, and I will not be paying more on my account after that. This post is simply proof that I have given my notice to an official channel.
    Hi chrislad, 

I completely understand the frustration that this has caused you and my apologies for that. 

I can only advise of the procedure here. 

I will certainly pass on your feedback to the relevant team. 

Don't hesitate to contact us here if you have any other queries

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I'm the same. I've tried a few times and it's a farce. I've cancelled my DD.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭skankles

Same as...cancelled I’m going to piggyback on this thread...103 minutes waiting Monday... 53 minutes today can’t speak to a human being... outrageous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Also piggybacking on this thread.  4 times waiting an average of 43 mins each time.  Nobody answers.  Sales do answer for new customers though in a matter of seconds.
    Oh, the response I get from here about my issue????  Contact the team on 1901.  

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Bloody hell. I'm trying to do also. No answer.

Can I cancel in a store? Can I give my written notice there? Can I cancel by email?

Surely you should escalate this and give people call backs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

If you are switching providers and you are out of contract there is no need to give your present provider any notice.  This is taken care of by your new provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 eir: Nicole

skankles wrote: »

Same as...cancelled I’m going to piggyback on this thread...103 minutes waiting Monday... 53 minutes today can’t speak to a human being... outrageous
    Also piggybacking on this thread.  4 times waiting an average of 43 mins each time.  Nobody answers.  Sales do answer for new customers though in a matter of seconds.
    Oh, the response I get from here about my issue????  Contact the team on 1901.  
    Nalz wrote: »
    Bloody hell. I'm trying to do also. No answer.

Can I cancel in a store? Can I give my written notice there? Can I cancel by email?

Surely you should escalate this and give people call backs.
    Emmersonn wrote: »
    If you are switching providers and you are out of contract there is no need to give your present provider any notice.  This is taken care of by your new provider.
    Hi All,

We do apologise for the long wait times and any inconvenience caused. We are aware of these and are constantly working on reducing them, you can read more about this here.

Unfortunately, we are unable to cancel accounts via our social media channels. You must contact our Customer Care team on 1901 and request to speak to our Loyalty team and they will log your cancellation request. Alternatively, you can contact our Sales team on [font=Calibri, sans-serif]1800 503 303 and request Loyalty from there. [/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]When switching providers, you must provide 30 days notice on your intention to switch as stated in your terms and conditions on your contract. You can read more on this here[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]You can find more on our cancellation processes here.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]~ Nicole[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Yes, I want to change my sim contract. The newer deal are less expensive. As I was with a different supplier, the shops say I have to contact, Customer Services.
    It’s impossible to contact. I have always got the message about time of 10 minutes wait.

Have waited but it certainly isn’t 10 minutes

The question is can I change my Sim Contact to a newer one or do I have to give 30 days notice before change.

Can the shops actually do this for me.

Then the wait on CS is crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Webmechanic

You don't need to call 1901 to cancel or switch. 

You can give your 30 days notice by letter. Use the address on this page https://www.eir.ie/switching/, making sure you include all the information asked for. You won't get a reply but you can always send it recorded delivery if you want the extra insurance. (Note: the downloadable template has a different address, make sure you use the address on the webpage, not the one on the template).

As to the legality of the thirty-days-notice I agree it is at best questionable, and other suppliers I spoke to said it wasn't legal, but I reckon you're as well covering yourself and doing it anyway. There should be no loss if you simply time it so that you are actually out of contract on the date the switch/cancellation occurs.

I did it this way and got out relatively painlessly. One caveat however, I didn't cancel my direct debit and am now in the position of chasing after the overpayment from the final bill. Were I in this position again, I'd cancel the DD and let the other party do the chasing.

I want to change the contract. Eir has better deal now. But it’s impossible to get through to Customers Service.

airuser wrote: »
    I want to change the contract.  Eir has better deal now.  But it’s impossible to get through to Customers Service.
    I have tried this morning to get through to CS.  However, they are asking for my number which I supply and they do not recognise. I tried to use WEB CHAT.  Although I connect no response.

How doe one connect to CS.  its impossible.

The Eir shop tell me I have to go CS

I want to change the contract.  Eir has better deal now.  But it’s impossible to get through to Customers Service.
    I have tried this morning to get through to CS.  However, they are asking for my number which I supply and they do not recognise. I tried to use WEB CHAT.  Although I connect no response.

Went to the EIR sales shop this afternoon.  They confirmed that I cannot change my sim contract in the shop.

as I cannot contact CS on the phone.  

What am I to do ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Stone Gossard

Recently in the same boat..all I'll say is ring early in the morning, can't remember was it 9.05 or 9.35 but you have a wait of 5-6 mins.. if you ring later in the day the wait can be 2 Hours

Recently in the same boat..all I'll say is ring early in the morning, can't remember was it 9.05 or 9.35 but you have a wait of 5-6 mins.. if you ring later in the day the wait can be 2 Hours
    Have spoken to the Local Eir shop this afternoon.  They confirmed that CS are short of staff.  They gave me a number that too is impossible to get through on.  I eventually got through on WEB chat.  Dealt with them and  This went through .  Hope that I don't get charged twice.

When I rang CS it said my number was no recognised and the asked for account number couldn't in put that as it starts the CA

Have enquire on this forum how to contact CS no response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 eir: Nicole

Have spoken to the Local Eir shop this afternoon.  They confirmed that CS are short of staff.  They gave me a number that too is impossible to get through on.  I eventually got through on WEB chat.  Dealt with them and  This went through .  Hope that I don't get charged twice.

When I rang CS it said my number was no recognised and the asked for account number couldn't in put that as it starts the CA

Hi there airuser,

You can contact our Customer Care team on 1901 or our webchat here.

~ Nicole

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭RobiePAX

Hello airuser,

Could you clarify how many months you have left to your contract with the mentioned CA account? And what kind of change are you looking for? Just to upgrade from one 24 months plan to another 24 months plan? Or are you looking to downgrade from 24 months contract to a 30 days rolling contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Hi there airuser,

You can contact our Customer Care team on 1901 or our webchat here.

~ Nicole
    2tkg0q.jpg

I would prefer to talk to a person. Chat line if I nor mistaken is in India. Many times I have contacted . Some of the information gets lost in translation.

Shall try and see what happens.

But it does show how poor CS is with your company. When one wants to talk to an agent.

• Advertisement

Nicole,

My problem is that 1901 is not being answered. The time delay says 10 minutes. But is not answering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Nicole,

My problem is that 1901 is not being answered.  The time delay says 10 minutes.  But is not answering.
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]eir customers are currently facing longer than normal, and longer than acceptable, wait times when contacting our Customer Care call centres. We apologise for this temporary situation and we appreciate our customers' patience as we continue to transition to our new call centres in Cork, Limerick and Sligo over the next few months and to a far better experience for all of eir's customers.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Went to the EIR sales shop this afternoon.  They confirmed that I cannot change my sim contract in the shop.

as I cannot contact CS on the phone.  

What am I to do ?
     Change provider?

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

They are all poor and EIR is the poorest.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

They are all poor and EIR is the poorest.
    To be fair, the products themselves are OK... its the support that is atrocious - and this is NOT a recent development either. 
    I personally have had to involve Comreg on 3 occasions to get traction on issues of Eir's making over the last 10 years and all of the staff involved were Irish in Irish locations. Not just customer/tech support issues either but billing and account problems that had me bounced endlessly between departments before I'd had enough.

Maybe the new owners will improve things once they pull back support from India or wherever it is. If that actually happened, they'd instantly leapfrog over the competition.

Advertisement