Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB removing customized Visa Debit Cards

• 28-01-2019 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭

PTSB is removing the option to order a customized Visa Debit Card as if 25 March 2019.

If you have a customized card and get a replacement after that date you will get the standard Visa Debit Card .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Gives a few weeks to apply for one for anyone interested:> https://www.permanenttsb.ie/help-and-support/help-with-banking/product-support/contactless-support/card-personalisation/

Card will be valid for the full period.

Don't think any other bank offers this as an option now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I got the letter about that the other day. I'm not happy about this at all. I've a joint bank account as well as my own personal one so I have 2 cards with me at all times. Both with PTSB and both have just by name on the front . Having a personalised card isn't a vanity or a novelty thing for me. It's a useful visual aid when selecting the right card at the checkout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I got the letter about that the other day. I'm not happy about this at all. I've a joint bank account as well as my own personal one so I have 2 cards with me at all times. Both with PTSB and both have just by name on the front . Having a personalised card isn't a vanity or a novelty thing for me. It's a useful visual aid when selecting the right card at the checkout.

Use a permanent marker to identify each. That's what I do with my 2 PTSB cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

That's what I'll have to do. Having a custom card was a nicer solution. Let's hope they don't take away my free banking. Seeing as they're taking away all the other benefits, it's only a matter of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭caviardreams

That's what I'll have to do. Having a custom card was a nicer solution. Let's hope they don't take away my free banking. Seeing as they're taking away all the other benefits, it's only a matter of time.

There is actually another thread on the forum about them doing exactly that! But I think it's ok if you keep a minimum balance

• Advertisement
Advertisement