Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tannus Tyres on CUBE Touring

Options
  • 28-01-2019 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I've just discovered Tannus solid tyres and they have me intrigued. I like the puncture proof-ness and convenience that brings. I've read and watched quite a few reviews and am still on the fence as to purchase or not. Alot saying they're a right pain in the arse to fit, the videos I've seen make it seem handy enough - if a little tricky.

So to the point, has anyone here fitted Tannus tyres to their bike and in particular a CUBE touring Bike. I'd be interested to hear peoples thoughts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

No experience but wouldn't they be very heavy? How much heavier would they be than Schwalbe Marathon Plus's with tubes - I run these and got my 1st puncture in 12k kms last week. Bitch to fit but I managed it roadside. I presume using slime I wouldn't have had to replace the tube at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I have a set of tannus tyres already fitted to a pair of Shimano R501 wheels going if you are interested. They're sitting unused in my shed, so I'm open to offers

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105428898

I didn't fit them myself, the guy in DLB in did it for me. I didn't fancy taking the tyres off the wheels as I wasn't sure that I wouldn't damage one or both in doing so, so that's why I'm selling as a set

Advertisement