Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancellation Confirmation

• 28-01-2019 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi
    I am out of contract on a bill pay mobile internet contract which I phoned up and cancelled today. (i.e., gave 30 days notice today).

The operator said she would email confirmation of this straight away, but so far (few hours along), nothing received. As my cancellation call took 38 mins & 22 seconds to complete, I'm reluctant to chase up eir's confirmation by this route.

Anyone on the Boards rep team able to help, please?

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭pm9999

pm9999 wrote: »
    Hi
    I am out of contract on a bill pay mobile internet contract which I phoned up and cancelled today. (i.e., gave 30 days notice today).

The operator said she would email confirmation of this straight away, but so far (few hours along), nothing received. As my cancellation call took 38 mins & 22 seconds to complete, I'm reluctant to chase up eir's confirmation by this route.

Ta

Bump. Any eir rep can help, please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I can reply for you. You will get this. 

Hi <INSERT NAME HERE>

Could you pm me the following details please and I will look into this for you? ~

Registered Name:
    Registered Address:
    Account Number:
    DOB:
    Are you the account holder?

Many thanks

~<REP NAME>

I'm in a similar boat. I've paid up until the end of my contract, and I've signed up for a sim only with Virgin, so I'll port when I get that in a few days. My mother wanted to upgrade, as her contract is up in a week, and her phone broke, but had to ring them to get it a week early. She never curses and rang me in a rage over them yesterday, which she spent an hour and a half on hold, and got cut off. She's porting to Three today. 

Only for my wife is in contact until August, with my broadband, I'd take those too. I feel sorry for the staff, as they get the brunt of the rage, despite the management obviously engaging in a cost cutting exercise - it's fine to replace your customer care with a web interface, but when they can't do the same things, then it's a little bit pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 eir: Nicole

pm9999 wrote: »
    Hi

Ta
    Hi pm9999,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about your query. If you could send me a PM with the following account details
    1.  Account number
    2.  Account Name
    3.  Can you confirm if you're the account holder?
    4.  Address
    5.  Date of birth

I would be more than happy to escalate this to the relevant department to have a look into it for you.

~ Nicole

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭pm9999

PM to follow. Just to add, I went in an eir shop today and asked the assistant to check re cancellation. There was simply a note on file that I had "enquired" about cancellation, not cancelled. He then suggested I email the request to cancellations@eir.ie, which I did. Half an hour later, auto reply "this address is no longer valid for cancellations". It is an omnishambles of Brobdingnagian proportions.

Details you requested PM'd in about 5 minutes.

Hi pm9999

I have replied to your PM just now.

~ Nicole 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 spuddastud

Hi pm9999

~ Nicole 
    Are you selective with replying to your PMs as mine still hasnt been replied to? A bit like eir cancellation phone lines.

I've been trying to cancel now for 4 weeks and still can't get through.

Shambles of an organisation.  Stay well clear folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

spuddastud wrote: »
    Are you selective with replying to your PMs as mine still hasnt been replied to? A bit like eir cancellation phone lines.

Try the following:

eir
    Cancellations department,
    Heuston South Quarter,
    St. John’s Road,
    Dublin 8

I would send any cancellation by reg post as I wouldn't trust them to acknowledge ordinary post. I was driven mad by their ducking and diving about the cancellation methods. Their lack of a clear and transparent process in order to cancel a service is appalling. It took us 4 months to cancel.

Don't give up - I really believe that's their policy. They hope you will go away as the procedure to cancel is a mysterious secret involving lengthy phone calls with One Republic played ad nauseam while you wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fear corcaigh

I had desperate trouble trying to leave Eir recently. Waiting times well in excess on 60 minutes on the phone for numerous phone calls.

When I talked to a rep on the phone I was told I was under contract for another 12 months for home phone as I recently had mobile with Eir cancelled after 6 months.

They said that when I took out the mobile contract that it was 30 day rolling but at the same time they renewed my home phone for 18 months. This wasn't pointed out to me when I took out the contract but I went through the emails of the contract later and sure enough it was 18 months. Lesson for me to check small print. They issued a contract again when I cancelled my mobile (possibly my mistake) and after checking this the length of contract was not stated.

I sent an email and DM on Twitter to the CEO and got a resolution fairly quickly.

I'm currently a happy VF customer.

Never ever again would I go near Eir.

spuddastud wrote: »
    Hi pm9999

~ Nicole 

Hi spuddastud,

I have not received any PM from you. If you could send me one with your query, I would be more than happy to assist you further.

~ Nicole

Advertisement