Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does spotify listen to your conversations/track your phone?

Options
  • 28-01-2019 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Bit of a weird one, but 2 odd things have happened to me with Spotify over the last 2 weeks that has weired me out. Firstly, a little over 2 weeks ago me and my wife were talking about something (can't remember what) and she said something that reminded me of the song Star Trekking, so I sang the first few lines, and then forgot about it. My discover weekly playlist the following week had Star Trekking in it, which didn't really make sense when compared to the usual types of songs I get.

Then I checked my discover weekly this week and the first song in playlist is called "The Elements", signing about all of the elements from the periodic table. Which again makes no sense to me relative to all of the other songs in the playlist - except on Friday I listened to a podcast on my phone (not in spotify, I was using Pocketcasts) from Sean O'Rouke show on RTE, and it was all about the Periodic Table.

So that's 2 weeks in a row where 1 of the songs recommended to me was based on some activity outside of Spotify.

Tinfoil hat time? Or is there a more logical explanation?

Comments

Advertisement