Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding Microphone

Options
  • 28-01-2019 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭

I just bought a 3.5mm headphone splitter, so I can use Skype on my PC with my Sennheiser Momentum (1) headphones... The soundcard is listed as Realtek High Definition Audio, drivers are up to date...

The splitter is not picking up the microphone. Would it be a problem with the headphones? The mic works fine with my Android phone, but the volume up/down controllers don't work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

https://www.provideocoalition.com/ts-trs-trrs-trrrs-combating-the-misconnection-epidemic/

The momentums were probably built to be iPhone compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

ED E wrote: »

wow... that makes allot of sense, while making little sense. Thanks :confused:
    Engineers...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I just bought a 3.5mm headphone splitter, so I can use Skype on my PC with my Sennheiser Momentum (1) headphones... The soundcard is listed as Realtek High Definition Audio, drivers are up to date...

The splitter is not picking up the microphone. Would it be a problem with the headphones? The mic works fine with my Android phone, but the volume up/down controllers don't work.

"The splitter is not picking up the microphone". Do you mean the PC is not picking it up? How do you know it isn't picking it up?

Are you on Windows 10? Try Voice Recorder software and check it is gets the sound.

Does your PC have rear and front jacks? Have you tried the "other ones"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

By the way, the volume control might be for Bluetooth audio, with the device controlling the volume on wired setups. scrap that, I hadn't realised it was an in line control. It sounds like you don't have the wireless model either.

I have tried Voice Recorder. I think there is something in ED E's comment. I may have an apple type controller, which may use a different (made up) standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I suspect a "CTIA OMTP Adapter" is all you need.

Thanks, I just ordered one... We'll soon see

Zynks wrote: »
    By the way, the volume control might be for Bluetooth audio, with the device controlling the volume on wired setups. scrap that, I hadn't realised it was an in line control. It sounds like you don't have the wireless model either.
    No, mines the original

Advertisement