Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair Usage Policy With TV Package

• 28-01-2019 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi

I've recently ordered eir complete broadband, phone & TV. Can you please explain if a fair usage policy applies and, if so, does it apply only to broadband usage or TV + broadband?

Example: let's assume a 1TB FUP applies. Does this apply only to the broadband element of the package, or, if I stream x hours of eir vision, using say 800GB TV bandwidth and then utilise 300GB broadband (so 1.1TB in total in the month), have I breached the FUP?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

TV is irrelevant to the FUP which you don't have anyway.
    The FUP was removed last August for all new accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭pm9999

I had assumed TV was excluded from the FUP, but just wanted confirmation. I had also read that FUPs had been dropped anyway for new contracts since July, but that isn't reflected anywhere in the online t's & c's - all broadband packages still seem to refer to a 1TB FUP limit.

pm9999 wrote: »
    but that isn't reflected anywhere in the online t's & c's - all broadband packages still seem to refer to a 1TB FUP limit.
    https://www.eir.ie/support/billing/usage-allowance/ - My broadband usage allowance > last paragraph

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭pm9999

Thanks. I had missed that completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 eir: Nicole

Hi

I've recently ordered eir complete broadband, phone & TV. Can you please explain if a fair usage policy applies and, if so, does it apply only to broadband usage or TV + broadband?

Example: let's assume a 1TB FUP applies. Does this apply only to the broadband element of the package, or, if I stream x hours of eir vision, using say 800GB TV bandwidth and then utilise 300GB broadband (so 1.1TB in total in the month), have I breached the FUP?

Thanks
    Hi pm9999,

Thank you for getting in touch. I can confirm as fritzelly stated, there is no longer a 1TB limit on broadband and that it is now totally unlimited as of July 2018. 

Any account set up after this date has been put on unlimited broadband. Also, accounts created prior to this date can also request to have the cap removed from their broadband.

- Nicole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Shamrogue

Hi

Thanks
    Hi pm9999,

Thank you for getting in touch. I can confirm as fritzelly stated, there is no longer a 1TB limit on broadband and that it is now totally unlimited as of July 2018. 

Any account set up after this date has been put on unlimited broadband. Also, accounts created prior to this date can also request to have the cap removed from their broadband.

- Nicole
    How or where does one  request the removal on the cap?
    Thabks

Pat

Shamrogue wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks
    Hi pm9999,

- Nicole
    Thabks

Pat
    Customer care 1901

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

The TV is coming in through your VDSL or Fibre to Home connection, but it's not coming over the public internet. 
    There are multicasting servers in the Eir network that are serving that up from various nodes around the system. The street cabinets can handle actually multicast IPTV completely separately from ISP traffic.

Similar applies to their VoBB (VoIP) phone service. You're connected to one of several Ericsson IMS servers that are doing the same job as a telephone exchange. The data's gong entirely over a managed IP network, not the public internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 eir: Nicole

Shamrogue wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks
    Hi pm9999,

- Nicole
    Thabks

Pat
    Hi Shamrogue,

If you send me a PM with the following account details:
    1. Account number
    2. Account Name
    3. Can you confirm if you're the account holder?
    4. Address
    5. Date of birth

Once I have these, I will then be able to assist you further with this.
    ~ Nicole

Advertisement