Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I have any comeback?

Options
  • 28-01-2019 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I sent someone €100 via PayPal for something they were selling but the person turned out to be a scammer and has stopped responding to me (they didn’t send the item)
    I sent tbe money via ‘friends and family’ on PayPal instead of goods and services (it was set as the default and I didn’t realise)
    Do I have any comeback with bank of Ireland?
    The card I used with PayPal was my BOI visa debit
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

shelly24 wrote: »
    I sent someone €100 via PayPal for something they were selling but the person turned out to be a scammer and has stopped responding to me (they didn’t send the item)
    I sent tbe money via ‘friends and family’ on PayPal instead of goods and services (it was set as the default and I didn’t realise)
    Do I have any comeback with bank of Ireland?
    The card I used with PayPal was my BOI visa debit
    Thanks

Hi shelly24,

Thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear this has happened. As this was done through PayPal you would need to contact them first to try to resolve it. If this is unsuccessful you could raise a Transaction Dispute and we will try to retrieve the funds.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement