Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCC - The Forests and the Earth

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »
    A local priest of the hunting god is the first to bow, which sends a wave of bowing through the crowd.

Seeing this, Quentanaa approaches.
    "These fools are free to choose, and the Old One is welcome to them. But you, of his pack, and seeing what the lord of the thrice tenth kingdom hath wrought here, you would choose today to turn your back on him?

Tell me, do you think it's more likely the eternal sleeper will stir twice in one day? Or that the lord of the hunt will loose his hounds and sound his horn once more?

I will give you a moment to reconsider your position."

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Banjo wrote: »
    Seeing this, Quentanaa approaches.
    "These fools are free to choose, and the Old One is welcome to them. But you, of his pack, and seeing what the lord of the thrice tenth kingdom hath wrought here, you would choose today to turn your back on him?

Tell me, do you think it's more likely the eternal sleeper will stir twice in one day? Or that the lord of the hunt will loose his hounds and sound his horn once more?

I will give you a moment to reconsider your position."

The priest looks to the elf and then to the crowd.

"That, which this elder speaks... It is true. There must, ofcourse, be balance in all things.

I seek not from you a choice to make, but rather story to tell. (he says as he waves his hand across the crowd) Your fate is your own, but be warned not to fall for the trickeries of godly squabble.

(The priest raises his voice, tilting his head to the heavens)

We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Compared to the Old Ones, who slumbers for eons... For more time than we can begin to comprehend.

This short voyage we are on, your choices are your own. There MUST be balance in all things.

We can only hope to go mad from divine revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age".

The priest nods in approval to the crowd (he thinks this makes total sense).

He turns to Quenty and extends his hand.

"I think perhaps more present matters to attend to..."

"Friends of yours?" he says as he nods toward the direction of the knights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Irwin looks over at Templeton who looks lost waiting for an answer to his simple question and strolls over to join him.
    "I think they may have gone through some mind altering experience while we slept, I suppose these knights approaching will want similar answers as you, so if we listen in, we may find a tale about the king of black. This priest chap looks to be a trouble maker, might be worth trying to recruit him, I'll leave that to you though."
    Irwin grabs Templeton by the shoulder and steers him towards the group awaiting the arrival of the knights.

Gholduzin and Corsiana follow the Nerosians, scanning the crowd and keeping their flanks secure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

sKeith wrote: »
    "What did the king of black have to say?"

"He said 'ouch' and then something about goggles but it was hard to make sense of it because his voice box had turned to soup and at that point I had no ears or skin."

Advertisement