Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling underused but...

Options
  • 28-01-2019 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I won't be letting go this too long.
    I've been in a well paid job(workmates been good to me as well) for over 10 years, well below my qualification. Why? My main priority was something stable and save for the future after college. Worked hard, kept sticking to it, spent my younger years on showing up when rostered, never called in sick.

I'm a quiet one, so in terms of promotions, my possibilities are limited. I've come to the stage where I hate going to work. Can't stand the long hours, being underused, the noise, the smell, etc. I'm not getting younger either. Thinking about starting something afresh. What is holding me back is the money. But I'd be much happier if I did something interesting for less.

I wonder is it worth to talk to my managers about this? I won't mind staying in the same place if I could go on a different skilled job (or graduate program, etc.) with getting practice beforehand and forget about a manual labour for good.

The 2nd option I think of is a new career, go to a different place and work my way up the ladder to something decent position.

I must decide very soon as it affects me every day.

What would you do?
    Thank you!

Advertisement