Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacting previous house owner

Options
  • 28-01-2019 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

I'm having an issue with the heating/ plumbing of the house I recently bought. There isn't something necessarily wrong with it, but it's a unique setup. Would it be reasonable to try to contact the seller of the house to get him to explain how it works (through the EA), or is this something that I'm expected to deal with on my own, or get a plumber to help with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

No harm in asking the estate agent but in reality it's your house now and your issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭dubrov

Just ask the EA.
    If he is nice, he will send on the query to the seller.
    If the seller is nice, he will respond.

All of the above would be a favour to you given you've already closed.
    Just make sure not to phrase it as a complaint about the plumbing as otherwise it will be ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ask the EA to ask the seller who they used to plumb the heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

the_syco wrote: »
    Ask the EA to ask the seller who they used to plumb the heating.

There’s probably a sticker on the boiler already from the services. That’d be a starting point too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Is the house old or newish? Reason I ask is if new could you ask a neighbour who might have similar setup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Thanks guys. It's a 15 year old house, but I would be fairly sure that the neighbours have a different setup. This one has been plumbed for an extra bathroom that was never built, and some other changes were made to it at the time.
    I'll see what the EA has to say, and hopefully the seller will be willing to help out.

Advertisement