Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broadband availability in Brocan Wood Monasterevin?

• 28-01-2019 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has any idea when broadband will be good to go in our new estate in Monasterevin County Kildare? It appears to one half of the estate on one road numbers 17 - 10 already have broadband but numbers 9 - 1 seem to be without. I have been in touch with all available ISPs and no one can seem to answer the simple question of when. I have tried to book and engineer via Eir twice and on the first occasion it was cancelled that morning and on the second occasion I was told that the connections either to the exchange or underground have not yet been completed. I also contacted the National Broandband planning authority and they have no idea what is happening either.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

capone76 wrote: »
    Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has any idea when broadband will be good to go in our new estate in Monasterevin County Kildare? It appears to one half of the estate on one road numbers 17 - 10 already have broadband but numbers 9 - 1 seem to be without. I have been in touch with all available ISPs and no one can seem to answer the simple question of when. I have tried to book and engineer via Eir twice and on the first occasion it was cancelled that morning and on the second occasion I was told that the connections either to the exchange or underground have not yet been completed. I also contacted the National Broandband planning authority and they have no idea what is happening either.
    Hi capone76, 

We would be unable to advise when fibre will be available at your house. 

If you click on this link it will advise what broadband is available in your area. This link will update when fibre becomes available at your address. 

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 6 capone76

Hi Grainne.

I appreciate your reply but I have been down that road already where I have searched via address and have been told that I CAN receive broadband/fibre on 2 occasions but unfortunately when the engineer was due to arrive I was then told that the area is not connected just yet. I keep getting mixed answers and this is the reason for my thread. What I am looking to know is WHEN will it become available and who are the people I need to chat to to find this out. As stated in my post above I have contact all available ISPs, the National Broadband Planning authority and Open Eir and no one can provide a definitive answer. The problem is that I do not know when I can order broadband since I have no idea when the area will be connected. I cannot continue to waste my time off work ordering broadband once a month without any knowledge of when it will become available. Is there anyone that can provide me and of course my neighbours with a some sort of a time scale? Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Aaron15

Hi Grainne.

I appreciate your reply but I have been down that road already where I have searched via address and have been told that I CAN receive broadband/fibre on 2 occasions but unfortunately when the engineer was due to arrive I was then told that the area is not connected just yet. I keep getting mixed answers and this is the reason for my thread. What I am looking to know is WHEN will it become available and who are the people I need to chat to to find this out. As stated in my post above I have contact all available ISPs, the National Broadband Planning authority and Open Eir and no one can provide a definitive answer. The problem is that I do not know when I can order broadband since I have no idea when the area will be connected. I cannot continue to waste my time off work ordering broadband once a month without any knowledge of when it will become available. Is there anyone that can provide me and of course my neighbours with a some sort of a time scale? Many thanks.

Same problem in Oldgrange wood, new part of the estate, and we can't get internet, 5 months without, some people over a year, would drive you mental, nobody can give you a decent explanation

Aaron15 wrote: »
    Hi Grainne.

Same problem in Oldgrange wood, new part of the estate, and we can't get internet, 5 months without, some people over a year, would drive you mental, nobody can give you a decent explanation
    Thanks for sharing Aaron. Sounds like it should not be as complicated as they are making it out to be. I believe that one have of the same road that I am living on in Brocan Wood actually do have broadband but our half is still in the dark! So homes numbered 17 down to 10 are good and 9 to 1 are blank yet the broadband planning authority are showing us all in the BLUE.

Thanks for sharing Aaron. Sounds like it should not be as complicated as they are making it out to be. I believe that one have of the same road that I am living on in Brocan Wood actually do have broadband but our half is still in the dark! So homes numbered 17 down to 10 are good and 9 to 1 are blank yet the broadband planning authority are showing us all in the BLUE.

Yeah we're pretty much In the same boat, coming up blue on the roll out map, nothing been done. Just a waiting game now

• Advertisement

Aaron15 wrote: »

Yeah we're pretty much In the same boat, coming up blue on the roll out map, nothing been done. Just a waiting game now
    Just to keep you in the loop Aaron this is the standard response I have gotten twice from the National Boradband Planning Authority:

[font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]Dear Mr Byrne[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont] [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]Thank you for your email regarding broadband connection to your premises.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]As you are aware, your premises is in a BLUE area according to the Department’s High Speed Broadband Map, available at [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont][font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]t[/font]he [/font][font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]NBP homepage[/font][font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]. [/font][font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]BLUE areas are parts of the country where commercial operators are already providing high speed broadband or have indicated future plans to do so. The Department defines high speed broadband as a connection with minimum speeds of 30Mbps download and 6Mbps upload.[/font][/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]Please note that the installation of telecommunications infrastructure and delivery of services via same is undertaken by private companies operating on a commercial basis in a liberalised market. The Department does not have the statutory authority to direct telecommunications operators in this regard.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]We are conscious that there are premises within BLUE areas that cannot access a high speed broadband connection. Although the Department has no input in the planning of commercial operators and does not have access to commercial operators’ specific deployment plans, we are seeking a solution.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]The Department is currently engaged in a process to identify premises in the BLUE area which do not have access to a high speed broadband service. Should commercial operators’ plans for these premises not materialise it may become necessary for us to intervene.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]To this end, we are maintaining a database of such premises, yours included. Once the full extent of unserved premises in the BLUE area is apparent, the Department will engage with operators in order to resolve these issues on a commercial basis.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]Ultimately the goal of the National Broadband Plan is that all premises will be able to access high speed broadband services as soon as possible. Should engagement with operators on unserved BLUE premises be unsuccessful the Department will consider their inclusion as part of the State led intervention.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]For further information about the National Broadband Plan including the interactive map, the Mobile Phone and Broadband Taskforce and other initiatives, you can visit the Department’s website at the NBP homepage[font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont].[/font][/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]I hope the above is of some assistance.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]Kind regards,[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]Ronan Daly

So there is a Plan in place but unfortunately the National Broadband PLANNING Authority have no idea of when or what this is![/font]

Just to keep you in the loop Aaron this is the standard response I have gotten twice from the National Boradband Planning Authority:

[font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]Dear Mr Byrne[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]Thank you for your email regarding broadband connection to your premises.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]As you are aware, your premises is in a BLUE area according to the Department’s High Speed Broadband Map, available at [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont][font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]t[/font]he [/font][font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]NBP homepage[/font][font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]. [/font][font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]BLUE areas are parts of the country where commercial operators are already providing high speed broadband or have indicated future plans to do so. The Department defines high speed broadband as a connection with minimum speeds of 30Mbps download and 6Mbps upload.[/font][/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]Please note that the installation of telecommunications infrastructure and delivery of services via same is undertaken by private companies operating on a commercial basis in a liberalised market. The Department does not have the statutory authority to direct telecommunications operators in this regard.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]We are conscious that there are premises within BLUE areas that cannot access a high speed broadband connection. Although the Department has no input in the planning of commercial operators and does not have access to commercial operators’ specific deployment plans, we are seeking a solution.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]The Department is currently engaged in a process to identify premises in the BLUE area which do not have access to a high speed broadband service. Should commercial operators’ plans for these premises not materialise it may become necessary for us to intervene.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]To this end, we are maintaining a database of such premises, yours included. Once the full extent of unserved premises in the BLUE area is apparent, the Department will engage with operators in order to resolve these issues on a commercial basis.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]Ultimately the goal of the National Broadband Plan is that all premises will be able to access high speed broadband services as soon as possible. Should engagement with operators on unserved BLUE premises be unsuccessful the Department will consider their inclusion as part of the State led intervention.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]For further information about the National Broadband Plan including the interactive map, the Mobile Phone and Broadband Taskforce and other initiatives, you can visit the Department’s website at the NBP homepage[font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont].[/font][/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]I hope the above is of some assistance.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]Kind regards,[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]Ronan Daly

So there is a Plan in place but unfortunately the National Broadband PLANNING Authority have no idea of when or what this is![/font]

Yeah I got in touch with them myself, and got the same response word for word. Who would have thought that a new estate would be so much hassle.

Advertisement