Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I transfer money to someone who is not registered with online banking?

Options
  • 28-01-2019 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Can I transfer money to another person, who also banks with BoI, but they do not have online banking?  

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

gr1980 wrote: »
    Can I transfer money to another person, who also banks with BoI, but they do not have online banking?  

Yes, you can transfer to anyone with an iban and BIC online banking just stops the other person transferring online but can do so from within the branch

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gr1980

Yes, you can transfer to anyone with an iban and BIC online banking just stops the other person transferring online but can do so from within the branch
    Thanks!  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi gr1980,

Thanks for posting. As correctly mentioned, you can transfer to another person provided you have their IBAN and BIC. They don't need to bank online to receive a transfer.

Thanks again,
    Tara

Advertisement