Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir, like the wasp buzzing around your head

• 28-01-2019 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Since 5th January, when I ordered Vodafone broadband online, I have been trying, without success to get rid of eir.

Vodafone contacted me to say they couldn't take over the line because I was on voice over broadband (vobb) with eir.
    Ok. A phone call to eir would change it back to a regular phone line so Vodafone could take it over. (Something to do with having 2 uan numbers)

A week later I finally get through to the 'loyalty team'. They tell me that in order to change the line I have to enter a new contract but I can cancel within the 14 day cooling off period as soon as I move to Vodafone. Ok, will do that.

I then get a call from eir networks telling me an engineer will call. After explaining I already have it installed, I agree. I tell them an evening appointment as nobody home during the day.
    The engineer calls early morning and says he will be 10 mins. I said I booked an evening appointment. He said it says morning.
    So, anyways, I get a friend to let him in and do whatever.
    I then get a text from eir to say " you're new eir service is now operational".......with a new phone number!!!

After 16 years in the house they change my landline number. Beyond boiling point at this stage, and guess what, I can't get through to find out why.

I have since written a 2nd complaint to the dept that never answers complaints.

I want eir to remove all their **** equipment and put my phone line back to the way it was. Maybe then I can move to a competent provider.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

batman1 wrote: »
    Since 5th January, when I ordered Vodafone broadband online, I have been trying, without success to get rid of eir.

Vodafone contacted me to say they couldn't take over the line because I was on voice over broadband (vobb) with eir.
    Ok. A phone call to eir would change it back to a regular phone line so Vodafone could take it over. (Something to do with having 2 uan numbers)

A week later I finally get through to the 'loyalty team'. They tell me that in order to change the line I have to enter a new contract but I can cancel within the 14 day cooling off period as soon as I move to Vodafone. Ok, will do that.

I then get a call from eir networks telling me an engineer will call. After explaining I already have it installed, I agree. I tell them an evening appointment as nobody home during the day.
    The engineer calls early morning and says he will be 10 mins. I said I booked an evening appointment. He said it says morning.
    I then get a text from eir to say " you're new eir service is now operational".......with a new phone number!!!

After 16 years in the house they change my landline number. Beyond boiling point at this stage, and guess what, I can't get through to find out why.

I want eir to remove all their **** equipment and put my phone line back to the way it was. Maybe then I can move to a competent provider.
    Sounds like you are in the same boat as me.  They ported me over from Imagine.  Screwed that up royally, and then gave me a new number! Ive been trying for a year to get the old number ported back to me.  Imagine have been amazingly helpful with this and have given me an email stating that they will do everything to help.  But Eir are not answering the IM's or the post on here.  Disgraceful service from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,692 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

If you're service is VOBB the chances are it cannot be moved back to PSTN and keep the number as the number is not from the same block in the exchange as you are connected to.
    Not up to eir to change your services to accommodate Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭hazchem

fritzelly wrote: »
    If you're service is VOBB the chances are it cannot be moved back to PSTN and keep the number as the number is not from the same block in the exchange as you are connected to.
    Just for clarity are you saying if a Broadband provider changes you PSTN number to VOBB that your number can no longer be ported to a new provider ?

VOBB numbers only exist in cyberspace, if you want to keep the number then you will have to change like for like when moving provider.
    If the number was originally PSTN then there is a chance it can be moved back but unlikely as Openeir are moving to VOBB numbers only.
    That Vodafone will only provide a PSTN is their issue and result in you having to get a new number.

As an afterthought Vodafone do support VOBB so not sure why they are insisting on a PSTN line number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭grinder23

I have moved a vobb number between Vodafone and Eir without hassle

Vodafone used the broadband UAN to move the account and ported in the virtual number to their own vobb service

It looks like this problem was started by Vodafone for no reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

fritzelly wrote: »
    So my issue is that our number was a PSTN number with Eir 10 years ago.  We moved to Imagine as the speeds were better, until FTTH came in.  Everything was perfect with the twit of an Eir rep who called to the house.  All forms filled out, number to be ported, etc.
    Then, a year later, we're still trying to get our number ported. Eir have given us a new number and refuse to help.

Now I'm confused, eir, imagine, vodafone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 eir: Andre

batman1 wrote: »

Hi batman1,
    Very sorry to hear of this situation. Can you please provide the following information in PM id happily look into this for you.
    1. Account number
    2. Account name
    3. can you confirm if you're the account holder?
    4. Address
    5. Date of birth
    Thanks
    -Andre

• Registered Users Posts: 2 knottyman

I'm currently out of contract and tried getting a contract with a new provider but getting the same problem.
    I have been trying to get in contact with the loyalty team for the oast week to find the 2nd UAN number.

I usually get someone answer after 20 minutes to then tell me that i will be transferred to this bogus loyalty team that do not pick up the phone. Is there anyone on that team or is it just a way to keep you from moving ?

If someone from EIR can see this message, please contact me ASAPS so that we can get this mess sorted.

There must be some legal action that we can take against this torture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

knottyman wrote: »
    I'm currently out of contract and tried getting a contract with a new provider but getting the same problem.
    I have been trying to get in contact with the loyalty team for the oast week to find the 2nd UAN number.

I usually get someone answer after 20 minutes to then tell me that i will be transferred to this bogus loyalty team that do not pick up the phone. Is there anyone on that team or is it just a way to keep you from moving ?

If someone from EIR can see this message, please contact me ASAPS so that we can get this mess sorted.

There must be some legal action that we can take against this torture.
    Hi knottyman, 

Sorry to hear you are unable to get through to our loyalty team. 

The process for cancelling your account can be found here

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Grainne

Advertisement