Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comptia certs

Options
  • 29-01-2019 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone
    Just been doing some research on this. Have a more website design background but looking to change things up.

From what I gathered you can pay 900 plus to take a course and you'll be shown what you need to know to do the exam. Or you can just study, save yourself some money and take the exam.

Is this the case or have I missed something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭turdball

Better of just finding videos on the web and doing it in spare time. I can't see any course covering every single topic. The questions are tricky and would have to study outside the course. Exams are around 100 to 250 mark.

What are of IT are you looking to get into? There's so many different exams you can do outside of Comptia(nothing wrong with them rither

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Thanks for getting back :)
    Looking for so to get in to the security side of things. Seems like soke jobs out there that pay nice. Well seemingly with my search

Yea there Comptia security + and network + and penetration testing one along with tons of other companies offering security exams.

With GDPR these are really starting to kick off. Vehicle and CISSP would be a step up from Comptia exams

Myself have the windows server exams and CCNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Thanks guys. Really appreciate it.
    To be honest I have a technical background (as I say can build and design websites) but have to get out or my current role.

These certs always interested me. So would their be a decent likelihood of getting a job soon as I obtain the certs? ( which I understand will take time)

I'd find something you are passionate about whether it's programming, oracle databases, Linux, Security, networking, VMware, Servers, Cloud Computing, data storage. Exams available in all of these.

It is possible but your looking at junior roles and your current role will help you land a job as you've a background in IT.

The hardest step is getting your foot in the door

• Advertisement
Advertisement