Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir / VPN / Apple Tv 4

• 29-01-2019 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, 

This is prob not one for Eir themselves but if anyone can help out that'd be great. 

I use express vpn app on my macbook at home with no issues but I would like to use the service on my Apple tv ( v4 ) too. Express VPN have a method for this using the "Mediastreamer", info here > https://www.expressvpn.com/support/vpn-setup/stream-to-apple-tv-with-dns/ 

It basically involves getting a DDNS hostname from Dynu.com - registering it with ExpressVPN - and then changing the DNS on the Apple Tv to ones they provided.

It hasn't worked for me and their support cant figure it out. I also tried the same method on my mac with no joy either. I'm thinking of changing my router to one where i can set up express vpn directly but wondering if theres another solution before I spend the money or waste the money if it wont work for some reason..

any and all help appreciated..

Advertisement