Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairy tree,Marlay Park

• 29-01-2019 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Haven't went to see the fairy tree in a while so walked round that way yesterday but couldn't find it just a random tree with soothers on it. What happened,where did it go?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Damaged during one of the storms earlier this year, think it was half rotten through anyway, they cut it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

juke wrote: »
    Damaged during one of the storms earlier this year, think it was half rotten through anyway, they cut it down.

Ah god,such a pity, it was a lovely feature, hopefully at st Michaels house do another one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

juke wrote: »

No way, that's so sad to read. Last time I saw it the top decorations were gone but at least the tree was there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

I was asked a few times by people on my regular run in Marlay what had happened- it was strange as there wasn't even a stump left! It looked like it had been ripped out of the ground.

I was asked a few times by people on my regular run in Marlay what had happened- it was strange as there wasn't even a stump left! It looked like it had been ripped out of the ground.

Yeah I thought it was strange too,you would never realise there had been anything there and I even wondered if I had somehow missed it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭zmccomish

grow up rosiejoe rotten and maybe dangerous trees should be cut down.misplaced sympathy wont help.feel sorry for millions of starving children not a withered tree. fairy or otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

zmccomish wrote: »
    grow up rosiejoe rotten and maybe dangerous trees should be cut down.misplaced sympathy wont help.feel sorry for millions of starving children not a withered tree. fairy or otherwise

Bit early to be on the drink

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I feel sorry for your missing shift key and space bar...

Still upset over my comment on the Cabinteely Park thread? So a PM and a stupid comment later, remind me - who needs to grow up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭homer911

Easy fellas, the post, not the poster..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭keltoms05

They usually cut the tree down to the stump then use a stump grinder to grind down the rest of it to the ground. The stumps themselves can be
    slippy / trip hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Awaaf

unless I mistaken it looks like attempts being made to establish another one nearby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Could someone tell me where this tree was located in Marlay Park?

Jellybaby1 wrote: »

I can't add a link but do a search for fairy tree marlay on boards and there is another thread about its location from a few years ago. Too hard to try and explain where it was!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,587 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Leave the play ground and go straight across following the path that goes along the end of the golf course. Take a left at the t junction and it’s down on your left

From the little railway, head up the hill towards the golf course. Half way up, turn left and walk all the way to the forest. When in, turn left. The tree was located about 20 yards down on the left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

We went recently, talked to a park person...the big storms ripped it down. People still use for the soother tree which is all that is left now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Next time I'm in that area I'll try to follow all the directions. Ta! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭zmccomish

DLRCC may deny it but there is a dangerous fairy tree in Cabinteely Park.Staff "afraid" to cut it down.My offer to cut ,declined,union rules.Local Gabriel Schwul is into pishogues and says he has the ability to spot fairies.And he says there are many of them in the park.I couldnt see any of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭gavindublin

The one in Tymon Park is really cool. It's not too far if you could make it over. A nice walk for the little ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

DLRCC may deny it but there is a dangerous fairy tree in Cabinteely Park.Staff "afraid" to cut it down.My offer to cut ,declined,union rules.Local Gabriel Schwul is into pishogues and says he has the ability to spot fairies.And he says there are many of them in the park.I couldnt see any of them

I don't believe in the Fairies myself but after the above post i'm becoming a strong believer in the existence of Trolls.

Anyhow I was up in Marley park last weekend - sad to see the tree gone, it was an interesting sight - real gothic look about it.

https://twitter.com/dlrcc/status/704939546706837504

Advertisement