Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anywhere to buy free range chicken breasts in bulk around South Dublin?

• 29-01-2019 11:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

At the moment I regularly buy 25 Grade A Chicken Fillets (170 - 200g) from the Dublin Meat Co for €30, which is a good deal, but they do not offer free range.

I know this will cost more money, but I am hoping there is somewhere in Dublin, preferably near Sandyford, where I could save money buying in bulk, rather than paying what is charged at Lidl etc for many 3 packs.

Do you know of anywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

At the moment I regularly buy 25 Grade A Chicken Fillets (170 - 200g) from the Dublin Meat Co for €30, which is a good deal, but they do not offer free range.

I know this will cost more money, but I am hoping there is somewhere in Dublin, preferably near Sandyford, where I could save money buying in bulk, rather than paying what is charged at Lidl etc for many 3 packs.

Do you know of anywhere?

Free range chicken fillets tend to be Irish as well which makes them more expensive even aside from the free range aspect (the fillets you mention above are Dutch I think, which is absolutely fine but they tend to be cheaper compared to Irish non-free range chicken)
    The cheapest price for free range chicken fillets I have found is LIDL and ALDI - tbh at less than €14 per kg that's a good price.

People who buy free range chicken are doing so for reasons other then price so are not as price sensitive, so it's likely you won't find the same discount % for bulk buying but I am open to correction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Flemmings on the Lower Kilmacud road sell packs of 4 for €7ish.... you could always ask them if they'd do you a better price based on buying multiple packs.

Advertisement