Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great British Sewing Bee

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Teena20

Have to say i LOVE this programme, have been watching the past couple of years, I'd be a dab hand at the sewing machine myself but i don't think i'd be ever be able to come up with some of the creations they have think of on the spot like the reconstruction of garments. I love Joe Lycett and so Looking forward to next episode :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,371 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm loving all these fabrics! Absolute nightmare to try to pattern match though, some a LOT more than others!!

I'm liking starting to get to know the personalities a bit more, although I'm still dizzy trying to keep up with them all.

Nicole, the Caribbean lady, is a complete pain - the only one so far!

Hopefully the youngfella gets his act together this week, I like him.

The youngfella's pants had a giant bulge on one hip, which they completely ignored!!

Some of the fabrics look very stiff, which for me would be all wrong for those garments.

Ooooh, miaowwwww Esme :eek:

What was Alex thnking! He abandoned half his transformation garment, and then didn't finish sewing the half he presented?? :confused:

If he's gone this week, he has only himself to blame!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Kids week this week - that's usually quite entertaining if they have to wrestle with the gusset of a babygro :)

• Advertisement

Where do they come up with all the cute kids?

I'm the least kiddie person in the whole wide world, but even I'd eat them!

Anyone else feel that Therese is setting herself up for a big fall here? :eek:

That Caribbean lady (whose name escapes me this week) really annoys me! She's very dislikeable.

Oh jesus, my head hurts already with this transformation challenge!

The first shall be last, and the last shall be first!

I would love to be able to do any of that. I can fix a hem or a button etc but that's it. Did sewing at school and made some clothes in those classes but never continued after. Wish I had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Still really enjoying this series.
    The bomber jackets were terrific as we're some of the clothes made of bags!

I have to say I really like everyone this year bar Peter...I just cannot warm to him at all, just a tad cocky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Have to agree about Peter, he is hard to warm to. It’s fairly obvious he’s just there to be noticed and seems to think none of the criteria for each round apply to him.
    Otherwise I think there have been some great garments, loved the bomber jackets.

I absolutely loved tonight's episode! A total trip down memory lane, and the music was just brilliant!!!

I thought Matt was robbed, not getting garment of the week for his power jacket - it was miles better than Nicole's dress that won (and that's not just because she annoys me more and more every week!)

The fit of Liz's made to measure dress was just amazing, it was like a glove on the model.

The right person went this week, she'd been struggling for a few weeks now, and she took it very graciously.

Fantastic episode, it's put a smile on my face for the night!

Final night!! :)

Final night!! :)
    I'm sooooo rooting for Claire - she's just brilliant!

Followed by Matt, although I don't think he stands a chance, realistically.

That kilt job made my head hurt :o

And I love Joe more and more every week!

This transformation challenge is absolutely made for Matt - if he doesn't win this bit at least, he may give up!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    This transformation challenge is absolutely made for Matt - if he doesn't win this bit at least, he may give up!

Hes never been to Carnival! Really??

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    He may give up!

Ah jaysus, I fear Nicole may have pulled it off.......

Claire's dress is beautifully classic, but that one litttle pucker......

Matt's is amazingly fitted, but the skirt isn't nearly as full as I was expecting....

Hard to call!

• Advertisement

The fact that Matt seems to have drawn all his made-to-measure patterns himself, instead of using off-the-shelf ones, is incredible.

He has to get brownie points for that, surely?

Ah, I'm just delighted with that for a result!

What a lovely programme - feelgood all the way.

Between that and the Repair Shop beforehand, I'll hit the bed tonight with a lovely warm fuzzy feeling.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Surprised but delighted for Clare. I really thought Nicole would have the edge.

Matt's made to measure was amazing.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Delighted Clare won but I thought it was brilliant to have matts boyfriend as his model and the dress was fabulous
    Love joe as the host

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

An absolutely joyous series a worthy winner I thought but Nicole ran her very close, her use of colour wow.
    Claire was just so consistent and neat her last dress was so classy.
    Matt did himself justice with that last dress as well very cool, and his boyfriend certainly worked it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Think Claire had to win for consistency but Nicole gave her a run for her money. I liked her love of trimmings and taking chances with difficult fabrics, where as Claire was a bit more regimented.
    Matt's made to measure was wow but would have been unfair had he won based on that given both the others had more hits than misses.
    I agree, Joe is a great host.

https://simplesewblog.com/great-british-sewing-bee-2021/

Back on the 14th folks ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Hurray!!!

2 minutes to stitch and bitch 2021 :)

• Advertisement

I love that bee fabric!

Advertisement