Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get out? Can I just switch provider?

• 29-01-2019 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Since there seems to be no way to contact Eir, besides waiting on the phone for an hour, how do I leave?
    Can I just sign up with a new provider, and let them switch me, and automatically cancel my Eir account?

I'm out of contract. 

kind of.. 

I "signed" a new contract on the phone a few months ago, but it doesn't seem to have ever gotten off the ground, so I suppose that means I'm out of contract?

I don't think there's any other way..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

Since there seems to be no way to contact Eir, besides waiting on the phone for an hour, how do I leave?
    Can I just sign up with a new provider, and let them switch me, and automatically cancel my Eir account?

I'm out of contract. 

kind of.. 

I "signed" a new contract on the phone a few months ago, but it doesn't seem to have ever gotten off the ground, so I suppose that means I'm out of contract?

I don't think there's any other way..
    Hi there gijoe5000.

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Apologies for the delay in getting through to our customer care team, we are currently receiving a high volume of calls resulting in longer waiting times. 

In this case, speaking with a member of our customer care team on 1901 would be the quickest way to find out the status of your account.

I would also suggest taking a look at our cancelling your services information page here for more information.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

Advertisement