Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile Phone - SIM Only - Cancellation

• 29-01-2019 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Do you need 30 days notice to cancel a mobile plan with Eir with SIM only.  I was a previous customer of Meteor but I've had a few issues lately which your Customer Service failed miserably to deal with.  I would like to change to a different provider.  How do I cancel?

Secondly,  Is the company ever going to put out a press release concerning how poor your customer service is?  There are obvious issues so something must be going incredibly wrong behind the scenes.  Is there a time frame as to when it will all be fixed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

EoC wrote: »
    Do you need 30 days notice to cancel a mobile plan with Eir with SIM only.  I was a previous customer of Meteor but I've had a few issues lately which your Customer Service failed miserably to deal with.  I would like to change to a different provider.  How do I cancel?

Secondly,  Is the company ever going to put out a press release concerning how poor your customer service is?  There are obvious issues so something must be going incredibly wrong behind the scenes.  Is there a time frame as to when it will all be fixed?
    Hi there EoC,

I apologise about the delay in replying to your message. If you would like to PM me the following account details along with your exact query, I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    3) Are you the account holder?
    4) Your DOB
    5) Your full postal address

Alternatively, if you wish to cancel your account we do require 30 days notice for this and you would have to contact our Customer Care department on 1901 where they will be able to assist you further with this. For more information on our cancellation process please click here.

We are currently experiencing a high volume of calls and messages which is resulting in delayed responses. We appreciate all of our customers' patience. For more information on this please click here.

~Kellie

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭EoC

Holy holy,

One hour and 24 minutes and I'm still on hold.  I wonder if I have a case with ComReg that Eir are purposely leaving people on hold so they not cancel.  How long does one have to stay on hold.  This is so frustrating.  There has to be a better way.  Seriously to treat your customers like this is criminal.

One hour and 33 minutes.  I get an answer.  Sorry if you want to cancel you have to speak to the Loyalty Department. OMG.  This is now the worst ever experience I've had with any company EVER..  MY next port of call is COMREG.  I'm sure if they get enough complaints something might happen.  Words fail me

Finally,  Called bang on 8am this morning.  Got through to cancellations (within 2 minutes).  Spoke to Elaine.  Nice Lady.  No need for 30 day notice.  Can port out (as she said) anytime.  I feel relieved now.  Keeping this post as a record of my achievement as I'm not sure if I will get email confirmation of my cancellation.  Let's see if I keep getting bills from Eir when I transfer over to TescoMobile. I will keep you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭pat1981

I signed up online Monday, ordered 2 sims , received yesterday and then attempted to ring eir to port my numbers over.
    i rang 1905 as per instructions with the letter attached, I entered eir mobile number  when requested and the automated voice said does not recognise and hung up. I rang 1901 could not get through.
    I went online chat waited two and a half hours and nobody answered.

I went into a local eir shop but the person said I needed to have both phones in her presence to verify old numbers. I said ring the numbers and the person will acknowledge that they want the number ported. She would not accept this.

I had enough and I said to her forget it I want to cancel my account, she said you can not cancel in shop and gave me 1800283099.

When I got home I rang this number after 14 minutes my call was answered, I explained matters and said I wanted to cancel my account, bear in mind I'm with eir one day.

She took my account number put me on hold, and i'm still on hold 60 minutes latter, no mention that I would be put on hold or the fact i'd be waiting so long. This is rude and unprofessional behaviour.

I took a screen shot when I ordered online and was told I was getting 30gb data per month, I checked my order online and saw 25gb. It dosen't matter i'm cancelling and I will never ever sign up to any eir products again.

My other landline is ringing 1800283099 so myself and I are holding.
    I was leaving from virgin to come to eir but dealing with virgin I have never experienced this level of frustration.
    This feels like climbing mount everest. It should be a very simple process, but communication is very lacking from a communication company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

EoC wrote: »

Hi there EoC,

I apologise about the delay in replying to your message. If you would like to PM me the following account details along with your exact query, I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    3) Are you the account holder?
    4) Your DOB
    5) Your full postal address

Alternatively, if you wish to cancel your account we do require 30 days notice for this and you would have to contact our Customer Care department on 1901 where they will be able to assist you further with this. For more information on our cancellation process please click here.

We are currently experiencing a high volume of calls and messages which is resulting in delayed responses. We appreciate all of our customers' patience. For more information on this please click here.

~Kellie
    kellie that link is broken 
    Sorry, something went wrong
    We can’t seem to find the page you’re looking for… It might have been moved or deleted. If you typed the URL in the address bar, please double-check that you typed it correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

pat1981 wrote: »
    I signed up online Monday, ordered 2 sims , received yesterday and then attempted to ring eir to port my numbers over.
    i rang 1905 as per instructions with the letter attached, I entered eir mobile number  when requested and the automated voice said does not recognise and hung up. I rang 1901 could not get through.

I went into a local eir shop but the person said I needed to have both phones in her presence to verify old numbers. I said ring the numbers and the person will acknowledge that they want the number ported. She would not accept this.

I had enough and I said to her forget it I want to cancel my account, she said you can not cancel in shop and gave me 1800283099.

When I got home I rang this number after 14 minutes my call was answered, I explained matters and said I wanted to cancel my account, bear in mind I'm with eir one day.

She took my account number put me on hold, and i'm still on hold 60 minutes latter, no mention that I would be put on hold or the fact i'd be waiting so long. This is rude and unprofessional behaviour.

I took a screen shot when I ordered online and was told I was getting 30gb data per month, I checked my order online and saw 25gb. It dosen't matter i'm cancelling and I will never ever sign up to any eir products again.

I was leaving from virgin to come to eir but dealing with virgin I have never experienced this level of frustration.
    This feels like climbing mount everest. It should be a very simple process, but communication is very lacking from a communication company.
    Hi pat1981, 

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused you. 

Were you able to get through to our cancellation team when you called yesterday? 

If you didn't get through you can find details of how to cancel here

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭pat1981

Hi pat1981, 

Were you able to get through to our cancellation team when you called yesterday? 

Grainne
    Yes I did and cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi pat1981, 

Grainne
    Yes I did and cancelled.
    Sorry to hear that pat1981, 

Thanks for letting us know. 

Grainne

Advertisement