Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enabling 4G

• 29-01-2019 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

Hi. I recently got a new P20 phone to replace a much older android model I had previously. As I kept my SIM and number they used a device to cut my old SIM down so I didn't have to get a new one. I noticed the other day though that I am not getting 4G speeds. My friend has the same phone also with you guys and he has the 4G icon at the top, whereas I only see E there all the time. I went through the FAQ on your website and checked my settings and the phone is set to use 4G/3G prefered. Do I need to have 4G enabled on my account or do I need a new 4G enabled SIM or is there something else? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

CptSternn wrote: »
    Hi. I recently got a new P20 phone to replace a much older android model I had previously. As I kept my SIM and number they used a device to cut my old SIM down so I didn't have to get a new one. I noticed the other day though that I am not getting 4G speeds. My friend has the same phone also with you guys and he has the 4G icon at the top, whereas I only see E there all the time. I went through the FAQ on your website and checked my settings and the phone is set to use 4G/3G prefered. Do I need to have 4G enabled on my account or do I need a new 4G enabled SIM or is there something else? Thanks in advance.
    Hi CptSternn,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

Have you tried your SIM in a different handset? This will allow us to determine whether the issue is with the SIM or handset. If your SIM is quite old you may need to get a new updated SIM to avail of the 4G network. If you pop into your local store and ask them to perform a SIM swap for you, they will give you a new SIM with your current number on it. This should fix the 4G issue you are having.

~Kellie

Advertisement