Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google WiFi loses connection to Chromecast Audio

Options
  • 29-01-2019 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

I have a Google WiFi dongle linked to a router from Vodafone to extend the wireless connection. When first setting it up it worked fine for about one week but then it lost connection to the Chromecast Audio that is attached to a kitchen speaker. Unfortunately this means I can't listen to or control music on that speaker via my phone. I've tried assigning a dedicated IP address to the Chromecast under DHCP in Google WiFi but it didn't resolve it. I tried resetting the Chromecast and restarting Google WiFi but that doesn't work either.

I did notice that there is a message on the Google WiFi app saying that there might be another DHCP network interfering which I suspect is the reason, but if I disable DHCP on the VF router the internet connection disappears. It's also mentions to completely remove the interfering router, but as it also serves as modem, that's not an option. What could be done to resolve this?

Comments

Advertisement