Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red cards

Options
  • 29-01-2019 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Hello. I have received two red cards in a short space of time from the rugby forum. They were for these two comments:

"I already showed how I got ya! Leave with your tail between your legs like boyzer."

And

"Having just read the charter, back seat modding is not allowed. Also, they have a very clear rule:

"DON'T BE A DICK
    Stupidity is a bannable offence. Further to this, there is a general Boards.ie rule, the all encompassing "Don't be a Dick" rule. So, just don't be a dick."

Some posters are breaking that rule clearly.

Anyway, back to rugby. Should Cronin start ahead of Best? He's obviously a far better ball carrier. Throws not as strong and ground game not as strong but will Best make the world cup?"

Both these comments are not good. Having read the charter I can see that they both go against it. However, I believe two red cards is very harsh. In conversation with the mod who gave the cards, he stated that new posters get treated differently than older posters. I think this is unfair and it's why I am appealing.

Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Send me on the pm conversation you had with the mod and I will take a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Perifect

Steve wrote: »
    Send me on the pm conversation you had with the mod and I will take a look.

I think I did that right?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Thank you, yes I got them, have had a few other issues to look at so will get to this tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

Thank you, yes I got them, have had a few other issues to look at so will get to this tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

No problem at all. You can leave it for a few days if you need.

Hi Perifect,
    I have reviewed your recent history on the rugby forum - and that of your former account as well.

The cards were indeed inappropriate , so I am removing them and instead issuing a 1 month ban.

You may appeal to admin as per DRP rules.

• Advertisement

Hi Perifect,
    I have reviewed your recent history on the rugby forum - and that of your former account as well.

The cards were indeed inappropriate , so I am removing them and instead issuing a 1 month ban.

You may appeal to admin as per DRP rules.

What is this all about? Why a 1 month ban?

I don't think I even posted in the rugby forum on my previous account! This is crazy.

I want to appeal this.

I shall let admin know.

Not even an explanation?

• Advertisement

Of course I should explain: Having more than one account is beyond my remit to resolve,so am sending it upstairs..

Of course I should explain: Having more than one account is beyond my remit to resolve,so am sending it upstairs..

But I closed the other account before opening this one? Is that not allowed?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I am currently in discussion with the Rugby and CMods. Hopefully I will be able to review this over the next day or so

Beasty wrote: »
    I am currently in discussion with the Rugby and CMods. Hopefully I will be able to review this over the next day or so

Ok, take your time.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Right, I've been speaking to the relevant mod and CMod

There should not have been a ban, as the CMod mistakingly thought there was an overlap in posting. I am therefore going to lift that

Bringing this back to the two reds, I think you acknowledge in your OP that you did breach the charter on both occasions, but believed reds were harsh. It is very clear in the sticky about zero tolerance during the 6N that reds and bans would be issued, certainly for anything beyond very minor charter breaches

In my view the mod followed the letter of the charter, and reds were certainly appropriate sanctions for such charter breaches. However they were in very quick succession, and in light of the error made in banning you I am proposing to reduce it to a single red

Going forward I would urge caution when posting, particularly in forums where you may not have experienced how moderation is applied. Charters are different across the site, and in this case there are temporary rules in place which certainly could have led to higher sanctions that may be applied outside such high profile and indeed potentially inflammatory periods within the forum

I'm lifting the ban now, but please post in here whether you accept the single red, and I will then apply it to one of the two posts in question

Beasty wrote: »
    Right, I've been speaking to the relevant mod and CMod

There should not have been a ban, as the CMod mistakingly thought there was an overlap in posting. I am therefore going to lift that

Bringing this back to the two reds, I think you acknowledge in your OP that you did breach the charter on both occasions, but believed reds were harsh. It is very clear in the sticky about zero tolerance during the 6N that reds and bans would be issued, certainly for anything beyond very minor charter breaches

In my view the mod followed the letter of the charter, and reds were certainly appropriate sanctions for such charter breaches. However they were in very quick succession, and in light of the error made in banning you I am proposing to reduce it to a single red

Going forward I would urge caution when posting, particularly in forums where you may not have experienced how moderation is applied. Charters are different across the site, and in this case there are temporary rules in place which certainly could have led to higher sanctions that may be applied outside such high profile and indeed potentially inflammatory periods within the forum

I'm lifting the ban now, but please post in here whether you accept the single red, and I will then apply it to one of the two posts in question

Yes, I accept the single red card. That all seems fair.

Thank you. You will get a separate notification of the new card, referring to this DRP

Marking as resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement