Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance company won't cover car I'm buying - even temporarily

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

I'll tell you what I'm on about. I stated your current insurer is obliged to cover a vehicle you have a licence to drive, they can't refuse you. I never doubted that alternative quotes were available elsewhere

Only in relation to the provisions of the DCA, when you have an existing policy there is no automatic entitlement for them to accept a change of vehicle unless you go through the procedures of the DCA, I have had this confirmed previously by Insurance Ireland.

The qualification for invoking the DCA is there must be three refusals which you confirm in writing or e-mail, having an existing policy does not change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,101 ✭✭✭✭elperello

You might consider getting the car delivered by a recovery company on a truck.
    Also you will need a secure lock up to store the car until you get insurance for it.

Advertisement