Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to put TV

• 29-01-2019 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

Looking for some guidance on the best position for my TV.

I'm going to be converting my garage into a room i can retreat to when necessary. I've attached a SketchUp image of what I have to work with.

The northern wall has a window on it, I intend putting a pool table on this side of the room.

The 0.87m measurement on the western wall is the door.

The pool table leaves me with a 2.5m x 3.8m area for TV area. What are peoples suggestions on where to put the TV. The western wall would leave me with 3.8m in front or should it go on the southern wall leaving me with 2.5m in front.

The TV will be used for watching sports/movies and gaming.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Depending on the size of the tv, I’d probably go for putting the tv on the wall marked “E” in your sketch, put a sofa on the opposite wall, maximize your viewing distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

The Ritz wrote: »
    Depending on the size of the tv, I’d probably go for putting the tv on the wall marked “E” in your sketch, put a sofa on the opposite wall, maximize your viewing distance.

Funny I never even thought of that layout, I had it the opposite way around, the TV on W and couch at E

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Well that’s much the same - if I was walking through the door I’d rather see a 65/75” tv on the wall opposite me rather than a couch !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

The Ritz wrote: »
    Well that’s much the same - if I was walking through the door I’d rather see a 65/75” tv on the wall opposite me rather than a couch !

My only thought of having the TV on the wall beside the door is that when I'm watching it I can see if anyone comes in the door

Advertisement