If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few clarifications re. a 55 inch Philips 4K Ambilight...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Hi Tom.

Our store number is 0044333 900 0070

Thanks to y'all inc. Gareth in the store for sorting out the price promise piece.

Ill contact the service folks to discuss the Saphi app issues.

Thanks again.

Tom

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Hi Tom.

Thanks to y'all inc. Gareth in the store for sorting out the price promise piece.

Thanks again.

Tom
    No problem Tom.

Let us know what they say.

Hi Tom.

Thanks again.

Tom
    No problem Tom.

Rang them.. Not very helpful.. 

I've read around t'internet and reckon the Saphi OS piece is behind the problems.. 

I'll resolve most of the issues by plugging in my Fire TV stick and using Harmony Remote. And at least Saphi is very responsive compared to a lot of Android OS TVs I've seen, so I'll sort out the Freeview issues through the Fire Stick. Sure, I'll be able to afford a new 4K Fire Stick in the next round of Amazon deals from the price match refund... :D

I'll keep an eye on it and update as appropriate. No doubt, there'll be some resolutions down the road as Philips manage a Saphi firmware update.

For the avoidance of issues with future 6703 customers, I'd recommend that ye do advise on the website that issues are being experienced by ROI customers with Freeview, as its clearly stated as a criterion on the adverts.

At this stage, as I've done many times with Electronics and other IT stuff in the past, I'll work around the issues...  The TV picture, Ambilight and sound are so good, its worth taking my lumps on Saphi.. 

Tomorrow, I'm installing my Orbitsound Soundbar and Yamaha DSP-100 and will then tidy up wiring , so the telly shines in its setting. Luckily, I have a great multi-way Vesa mount in place and can have the TV variously located from 6 - 24 inches from the wall with horizontal travel of 24inches and 270 degree horizontal rotation. Believe me, the Ambilight is awesome in this setting.

Hi Tom.

Thanks again.

Tom
    No problem Tom.

Rang them.. Not very helpful.. 

I've read around t'internet and reckon the Saphi OS piece is behind the problems.. 

I'll resolve most of the issues by plugging in my Fire TV stick and using Harmony Remote. And at least Saphi is very responsive compared to a lot of Android OS TVs I've seen, so I'll sort out the Freeview issues through the Fire Stick. Sure, I'll be able to afford a new 4K Fire Stick in the next round of Amazon deals from the price match refund... :D

I'll keep an eye on it and update as appropriate. No doubt, there'll be some resolutions down the road as Philips manage a Saphi firmware update.

For the avoidance of issues with future 6703 customers, I'd recommend that ye do advise on the website that issues are being experienced by ROI customers with Freeview, as its clearly stated as a criterion on the adverts.

At this stage, as I've done many times with Electronics and other IT stuff in the past, I'll work around the issues...  The TV picture, Ambilight and sound are so good, its worth taking my lumps on Saphi.. 

Tomorrow, I'm installing my Orbitsound Soundbar and Yamaha DSP-100 and will then tidy up wiring , so the telly shines in its setting. Luckily, I have a great multi-way Vesa mount in place and can have the TV variously located from 6 - 24 inches from the wall with horizontal travel of 24inches and 270 degree horizontal rotation. Believe me, the Ambilight is awesome in this setting.
    Hi Tom,

Thanks for the update. That's the thing the picture is incredible for the price of the TV. I was never a fan of the ambilight myself but a friend bought a 50PUS6703 and it works really well in his set up so I'm a recent convert to it!

Keep me posted if you have any other issues but hopefully the Fire Stick will be a good work around!

Kind regards

David

Just to update for any existing / future buyer of the PUS6703, the latest release of software (April 2019) has resolved some of the biggest issues that I had with the TV, particularly with the use of the Freeview Play capability. That now works fine (obviously BBC iPlayer geo-location restrictions apply and need to be overcome)

Antenna channels can now be marked as favourites also which is an improvement.

I just did the update today, so I will be checking out other benefits (if any) over the next week or so...

• Advertisement

Just to update for any existing / future buyer of the PUS6703, the latest release of software (April 2019) has resolved some of the biggest issues that I had with the TV,  particularly with the use of the Freeview Play capability. That now works fine (obviously BBC iPlayer geo-location restrictions apply and need to be overcome)

Antenna channels can now be marked as favourites also which is an improvement.

I just did the update today, so I will be checking out other benefits (if any) over the next week or so...
    Cheer for the update TomOnBoard!!

We are currently in the process of updating our instore 43"

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.