Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to set up payee by post

Options
  • 30-01-2019 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi, I'm due to make a large lump payment soon, a house deposit.
    I notice there is a daily transfer limit of €10,000, but €20,000 if you receive payee set up pin by post.
    How do I arrange this? Can I do it online or do I have to go into the branch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jesso22

Another question: I'll be lodging the cheque to my account first. Is there a maximum amount on the cheque for lodging using the ATM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

jesso22 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm due to make a large lump payment soon, a house deposit.
    I notice there is a daily transfer limit of €10,000, but €20,000 if you receive payee set up pin by post.
    How do I arrange this? Can I do it online or do I have to go into the branch?

Hi jesso22,

Thanks for contacting us here.

When adding a payee on 365 Online or the Mobile or Tablet Apps you will be asked if you want to receive the payee activation code by post or SMS. If you choose post the code will go to the address on your account and should be with you within 3-5 days.

In relation to cheque lodgements, there is no maximum limit in place for cheque lodgements at the ATM or counter.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jesso22

Me again!

I set up the payee last week and requested the pin by post, but still no sign of it!? I would have expected it within the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

jesso22 wrote: »
    Me again!

I set up the payee last week and requested the pin by post, but still no sign of it!? I would have expected it within the week

Hi jesso22,

The code takes 3-5 days, can you recall what date you added the payee details?

Thanks,
    Tara

Advertisement