Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avantcard introductory offers

• 30-01-2019 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I recently switched credit cards to Avantcard to take advantage of their 9 month 0% balance transfer rate - https://www.avantcard.ie/credit-card
    However, after receiving the card and going through the process of transferring the balance from my old credit card, I was informed that the 0% offer was only for 6 months - on querying it further, I was informed that marketing had made a mistake and that the 9 month term was for existing (?) customers only.  I was wondering has anyone else signed up to this card on that basis?  I'm awaiting a callback from a manager on the issue, from further digging in the legal and regulatory section of their website, they would appear to try to cover themselves:

Our website changes regularly
    Avantcard makes no representation or warranty or undertaking as to the information contained on the website including but not limited to, the accuracy, timeliness, or completeness of the website materials.
    Avantcard periodically amends, changes, adds, deletes, updates or alters the information, including, without limitation the terms of use at the website, without notice. Further, Avantcard assumes no responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the website. Avantcard specifically disclaims any duty to update the information on the website.
    Commentary and other materials posted on the website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to the website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
    Use of information provided on the website is at the user's sole risk.

However, given that as of this morning the 9 month 0% offer is still there, what should my next course of action be (if it's not satisfactorily resolved by the manager) - PriceWatch, ASAI?

Advertisement