Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir Customer Service - does it allow you to leave contracted

• 30-01-2019 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭

Hi,

As someone who works in an industry where we receive complaints I always try to give every chance to a product or company a chance before whinging, but Jesus Christ a line has to be drawn somewhere.

In summary ;

- internet on my phone is so slow and trying to stream anything results in constant buffering. Not the end of the world but as I use it for work it has a real impact
    - went to Eir store over 6 months ago, told me to just turn off and on again - surprise surprise no joy
    - left it for a few months as I thought maybe my work location was causing delay (Leopardstown)
    - moved to Dublin City Centre, still the same
    - called Eir, told me it was working fine
    - emailed Eir, no reply
    - webchat Eir - transferred 3 times, each time having to start with all data and details of problem again
    - still no resolution

As I pay for this as part of the package and the service is not meeting the requirements am I entitled to break the contract as it is a two way agreement.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Eir is sort of like the Scientologists, its easy to get in, you lose a lot of money but you'll never been allowed to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi,

As someone who works in an industry where we receive complaints I always try to give every chance to a product or company a chance before whinging, but Jesus Christ a line has to be drawn somewhere.

In summary ;

- internet on my phone is so slow and trying to stream anything results in constant buffering. Not the end of the world but as I use it for work it has a real impact
    - went to Eir store over 6 months ago, told me to just turn off and on again - surprise surprise no joy
    - left it for a few months as I thought maybe my work location was causing delay (Leopardstown)
    - moved to Dublin City Centre, still the same
    - called Eir, told me it was working fine
    - emailed Eir, no reply
    - webchat Eir - transferred 3 times, each time having to start with all data and details of problem again
    - still no resolution

As I pay for this as part of the package and the service is not meeting the requirements am I entitled to break the contract as it is a two way agreement.
    Hi mirwillbeback, 

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your phone. 

Could you PM the following details? 
    1. make and model of your phone
    2. Registered Name
    3. Registered Address
    4. Account Number
    5. DOB
    6. Are you the Account Holder? 

As soon as I get this information I will investigate this for you. 

- Grainne

Advertisement