If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha YSP-1600 vs YAS-207

Options
  • 30-01-2019 11:42am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a sound bar to go the corner of a small apartment sitting room for general TV and movies. I would very much value good surround virtualisation and audio quality over raw volume or booming base.

I'm looking at both the Yamaha YSP-1600 (silver) and YAS-207. Is there a clear winner between the two, or anything else in the same price range I should look at instead?

I'm leaning towards the 207 for DTS:X, and HDR pass through (don't need it yet but will probably upgrade to an OLED soon). But I like that the 1600 doesn't need an external sub, and it seems to be reduced from a higher price range so may sound much better overall.

Thanks
    Steven

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

stevenmu wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for a sound bar to go the corner of a small apartment sitting room for general TV and movies. I would very much value good surround virtualisation and audio quality over raw volume or booming base.

I'm looking at both the Yamaha YSP-1600 (silver) and YAS-207. Is there a clear winner between the two, or anything else in the same price range I should look at instead?

I'm leaning towards the 207 for DTS:X, and HDR pass through (don't need it yet but will probably upgrade to an OLED soon). But I like that the 1600 doesn't need an external sub, and it seems to be reduced from a higher price range so may sound much better overall.

Thanks
    Steven
    No comparison,

the YSP1600 blows the YAS207 out of the water on audio terms!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

No comparison,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John. That does seem like the way to go.

Quick question on delivery, does the tracking or courier normally let you know the day before it will arrive? (if I know in advance I can arrange to be at home,if not I can probably get it delivered to work)

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

No comparison,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John. That does seem like the way to go.

Quick question on delivery, does the tracking or courier normally let you know the day before it will arrive? (if I know in advance I can arrange to be at home,if not I can probably get it delivered to work)
    Hi Stevenmu.

We would ship the soundbar via DPD from here at the Belfast store and it would be a next day service (Excluding weekends).
    I can also supply you with the tracking number for DPD which can be used on their website and it gives a good break done of the process for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Paddy El

Hi,

Hope you don't mind me posting here but as I'm also interested in the YSP1600 I think there's no point to start a new thread.

Is there a reason for the big difference in price between the silver and black models? I would prefer black but at the price the silver seems the better deal. Would this be the best soundbar in this price range?

Thanks,

Paddy.

Paddy El wrote: »
    Hi,

Hope you don't mind me posting here but as I'm also interested in the YSP1600 I think there's no point to start a new thread.

Is there a reason for the big difference in price between the silver and black models? I would prefer black but at the price the silver seems the better deal. Would this be the best soundbar in this price range?

Thanks,

Paddy.
    Hi Paddy.

The SILVER version was purchased by ourselves from Yamaha on a special deal to clear which allows us to offer it cheaper than the Black version.

The cost price between the Silver and the Black is very different, which does not allow us to offer the Black at the same price as the silver.

The YSP1600 would be one of the best in its price range. At the Silver price here is nothing to come close to it.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Thanks,

Paddy.
    Hi Paddy.

The SILVER version was purchased by ourselves from Yamaha on a special deal to clear which allows us to offer it cheaper than the Black version.

The cost price between the Silver and the Black is very different, which does not allow us to offer the Black at the same price as the silver.

The YSP1600 would be one of the best in its price range. At the Silver price here is nothing to come close to it.
    Great, thanks Kenny. I'm going to order the silver today.

Paddy.

Hi,

Thanks,

Paddy.
    Hi Paddy.

Great, thanks Kenny. I'm going to order the silver today.

Paddy.
    Hey Paddy.

I'll keep my eye out for the order and have it sorted ASAP for you.

Hey Paddy.

Hi Kenny,

Ordered about 20 minutes ago. Great service as always.

Thanks,

Paddy.

Hey Paddy.

Hi Kenny,

Ordered about 20 minutes ago. Great service as always.

Thanks,

Paddy.
    Hey Paddy.

Have your order in now.

Will get it shipped tomorrow to you and drop you a PM with your tracking details once its left us.

Thanks again for the order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Hi,

Thanks
    Steven
    No comparison,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi,

Are you sure the 1600 is better, isnt the YAS207 a newer model of the 1600?

Im trying to decide the best soundbar in the 250 range and I found this thread.

Is there any others you recommend on your site?

Thanks,
    Declan

• Advertisement

declan2693 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks
    Steven
    No comparison,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi,

Are you sure the 1600 is better, isnt the YAS207 a newer model of the 1600?

Im trying to decide the best soundbar in the 250 range and I found this thread.

Is there any others you recommend on your site?

Thanks,
    Declan
    Hi Declan.

In our opinion the 1600 is the better regardless of which is the newer.

The 1600 has many many more features over the 207. (WiFi, DNLA for streaming, its Airplay compatible and can be used along with Yamaha's Musiccast App).
    The 207 has none of this.

Don't get me wrong the 207 is also very good and 5 star reviewed in What HiFi but I still feel the 1600 has better sound and more features making the Silver version a cracking deal.

There is nothing else in or around the 229 Euro of the Silver version that would be comparable to the 1600.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.