Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend in London need advice on currency exchange

• 30-01-2019 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi
    I’m going to London for a weekend
    Shopping and I expect lots of eating and drinking
    Is it better to bring sterling with Me or just use my debit card to pay for my purchases
    It’s a bank of Ireland debit card

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Have a look into getting a Revolut card-essentially a prepaid MasterCard. Good rates (interbank rate)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Missy99

thunderdog wrote: »
    Have a look into getting a Revolut card-essentially a prepaid MasterCard. Good rates (interbank rate)

Brilliant thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

+1 on Revolut. You can even have a virtual card online with them. Irish Banks need to wake up to what is happening in the real world not just for this maybe some provide it already. But whats on offer outside the mainstream banks puts them to shame with what they offer the irish consumer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

+1000 on revolut, dont trust your banks, they'll fleece you

A Wunch of Bankers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

You can also check out Curve if you don't need a new back account - it does the FX on the fly without fees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭wassie

N26 is a good offering also.

Transferwise are now also offering a debt card which you can load up with multi-currencies. Not worth the effort for a single weekend in UK though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

wassie wrote: »
    N26 is a good offering also.

Transferwise are now also offering a debt card which you can load up with multi-currencies. Not worth the effort for a single weekend in UK though.

Plus you pay conversion charges on the fly

Advertisement