Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rx 570 8gb vs rx 580 4gb?

Options
  • 30-01-2019 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Gus quick question,which should i go for a rx 570 8gb or a rx 580 4gb?I can get the rx 570 8gb used for 135 euro.:confused::confused::confused::confused:Any info would be great.Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Gus quick question,which should i go for a rx 570 8gb or a rx 580 4gb?I can get the rx 570 8gb used for 135 euro.:confused::confused::confused::confused:Any info would be great.Thanks all

Assuming you're going to be playing at 1080p then the 580 is the better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Flashdan

I got a 570 8gb from overclockers with 2 free games

and I can play Anthem at max setting with no frame rate loss.

But a 580 is a better card no doubt.

Maybe get a 1060 6gb (not a 3gb), It requires less power then the AMD cards and is slightly better than a 580 with more RAM so its a bit more future proof then 4gb. The prices should come down soon as the new budget Nvidia cards are out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

The 1060 is not better than the 580, the 580 averages better than it not to mention the excellent game bundle.

I'd get an 8gb card. Most new games are pushing 8gb of graphics memory for the highest quality textures including the free resident evil 2 included with the cards.

Screw Nvidia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I would agree, and doubly screw Nvidia for making the RTX2060 a 6GB card, they knew exactly what they were doing with that, the cheap skates.

I'd be recommending Vega 56 + game bundle over 2060 these days, cheaper, similar performance, more VRAM and better games bundle.

Advertisement