Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Contract expires on the 4th Feb, want to switch provider.

• 30-01-2019 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23

The Eir contract expires on the 4th of Feb and I have a Vodafone technician coming out that day to install Vodafone Bb.

I keep being told that I need to give 30 days notice to Eir as per the contract. If the contract expires on the 4th Feb why do I need 30 days notice?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 andyK11

Need an answer to this ASAP 

Can't get through on phones. 

Thanks .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

If you are switching providers and you are out of contract you do not have to give any notice to your present provider.  Your new provider will take care of this.

Emmersonn wrote: »
    If you are switching providers and you are out of contract you do not have to give any notice to your present provider.  Your new provider will take care of this.
    Thanks for the reply .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

andyK11 wrote: »
    The Eir contract expires on the 4th of Feb and I have a Vodafone technician coming out that day to install Vodafone Bb.

I keep being told that I need to give 30 days notice to Eir as per the contract. If the contract expires on the 4th Feb why do I need 30 days notice?

Thanks.
    Hi andyK11, 

Sorry to hear you wish to cancel. 

If you wish to cancel your services with eir you are required to give 30 days notice to cancel your account. 

You can find details on how to cancel here

Grainne

Hi andyK11, 

If you wish to cancel your services with eir you are required to give 30 days notice to cancel your account. 

Grainne

Hey Grainne,

Unfortunately your reply is too late as I had until this morning to cancel the technician.

I've been calling your line for weeks with no answer. Your customer service is terrible.

I need a question answered though. If my 18 month contract expires on the 4th Feb, how can you hold me to the terms of the contract?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi andyK11, 

Grainne

Hey Grainne,

Unfortunately your reply is too late as I had until this morning to cancel the technician.

I've been calling your line for weeks with no answer. Your customer service is terrible.

I need a question answered though. If my 18 month contract expires on the 4th Feb, how can you hold me to the terms of the contract?

Thanks.
    Hi andyk11, 

I completely understand the frustration that this has caused you and my apologies for that. 

In the contract that you signed at the beginning of your 18 months, it is stated that 30 days notice is required to cancel your account. 

Grainne

Hi andyK11, 

Grainne

Hey Grainne,

Thanks.
    Hi andyk11, 

I completely understand the frustration that this has caused you and my apologies for that. 

In the contract that you signed at the beginning of your 18 months, it is stated that 30 days notice is required to cancel your account. 

Grainne
    Frustration in sending a letter and getting no confirmation, frustration in spending about 10 hours on the phone last week and not being able to get through. Your customer service is a joke and basically non-existent.

---

In regard to the contract, is this the "term of contract" you're referring to? If not can you put the term of the contract you mean in a reply here please?

"You may currently be in a service contract with eir; if you choose to switch provider while you are still in the minimum period of your contract you will be liable for early cease fees and charges. If you are unsure whether or not you are still in the minimum period of your contract:
    • - You will have received a letter from eir informing you of the terms of contract when you last entered into a contract
    [*]
    period of your contract"

"Minimum period" is not defined anywhere in the definitions part of the contract or terms which means it's ambiguous or it means my 18 months, which means I am not within my minimum term therefore can not be liable for early cease fees and charges.

"Initial period" means the minimum 12 months from the RFS date. - Still not within my "Initial period" either.

---

How can I be held to the terms of a contract that has expired?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cath54

My god, the amount of customers complaing about eir is shocking. Definitely would turn me off ever going back to them.

Cath54 wrote: »
    My god, the amount of customers complaing about eir is shocking. Definitely would turn me off ever going back to them.
    They're an absolute joke Cath, I'd stay far away from them. This same of of nonsense happened when they were Eircom Broadband and their whole thing fell apart.

I can see it falling apart again.

Cath54 wrote: »
    They're an absolute joke Cath, I'd stay far away from them. This same type of nonsense happened when they were Eircom Broadband and their whole thing fell apart.

I can see it falling apart again.

• Advertisement

Hi andyK11, 

Grainne

Hey Grainne,

Thanks.
    Hi andyk11, 

Grainne
    Frustration in sending a letter and getting no confirmation, frustration in spending about 10 hours on the phone last week and not being able to get through. Your customer service is a joke and basically non-existent.

---

In regard to the contract, is this the "term of contract" you're referring to? If not can you put the term of the contract you mean in a reply here please?

"You may currently be in a service contract with eir; if you choose to switch provider while you are still in the minimum period of your contract you will be liable for early cease fees and charges. If you are unsure whether or not you are still in the minimum period of your contract:
    • - You will have received a letter from eir informing you of the terms of contract when you last entered into a contract

[*]
    period of your contract"

"Minimum period" is not defined anywhere in the definitions part of the contract or terms which means it's ambiguous or it means my 18 months, which means I am not within my minimum term therefore can not be liable for early cease fees and charges.

"Initial period" means the minimum 12 months from the RFS date. - Still not within my "Initial period" either.

---

[*]
    Can someone answer this please? . Send it to your legal department of you have to .

Hi andyK11, 

Grainne

Hey Grainne,

Thanks.
    Hi andyk11, 

Grainne

---

[*]
    period of your contract"

---

[*]
    Can someone answer this please? . Send it to your legal department of you have to .
    [*]
    Bump. 

Can I get an answer to this .Thanks .

Hi andyK11, 

Grainne

Hey Grainne,

Thanks.
    Hi andyk11, 

Grainne

---

[*]
    period of your contract"

---

[*]
    Hi andyk11, 

You can find details of the terms and conditions of your contract here

The 30 days notice is a requirement whether you are in contract or if the contract has ended. 

Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,692 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

@Grainne
    That is rubbish, Comreg already ruled on the illegality of it
    If you are switching provider there is no cancellation period needed once out of contract as the new provider will cancel the services on your behalf immediately

@andyk11 - if you get billed get straight on to Comreg

Advertisement