Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Care team cancellation issues

• 30-01-2019 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi Nicole

Thanks for your PM which I've copied in full below just for completeness:

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your PM. Unfortunately, we cannot cancel accounts via or online channels. To cancel a mobile account you will need to contact our Mobile Care team on 1905 or you can also directly call them on 1800303458. They then will process your request for cancellation.

~Nicole

I shan't be ringing the Mobile Care team as I've already done that. They either deliberately ignored my cancellation request or are simply not up to the job.

For clarity, the exact steps I've taken to try and cancel my account:
    1. Webchat. The agent took me through all the account verification etc, why did I wish to cancel? and other interesting stuff. Right at the end, he/she typed “I can't help you. Ring Mobile Care”.
    2. I rang Mobile Care. The call lasted an astounding 38 minutes and 22 seconds. I eventually spoke with a female agent. She took me through account verification, ID etc and then read a very long script about the dire consequences of not settling my final bill, debt collection, credit blacklist etc. At the end, I asked if my account would be cancelled and could she confirm this by an email? “No problem”, said she. Job done, thought I.
    3. Next day, no confirmation email. I happened to be walking past an eir shop and decided to check progress. I went through account/ID verification again with the sales assistant. He pulled up my account details and advised me that no cancellation request was in effect. Instead, there was a note on file saying that “an enquiry about cancellation” had been made. “No problem”, said I. “Let's cancel it here and now”. “Ah... “, says he. “We're not allowed to do cancellations in the shop. You need to email all your details to cancellations@eir.ie and they will process it”.
    4. With a spring in my step and mounting excitement, I headed home to compose the necessary email. Job done, thought I. Hopes were dashed just 30 minutes later when I received an auto reply email “this address is no longer valid for cancellations”.
    5. Crestfallen, I decided to try the Boards.ie reps. The result is in the above PM (italics).
    I have now supplied account and ID verification details to 5 different points within eir and am no further forward. Can you understand why I feel as if I am a character in some dystopian nightmare short story by Franz Kafka? The administration within eir is a shambles. I don't hold you to blame, Nicole, in fact I have great sympathy for you having to turn out each day on the front line of this organisation that seems to have been lovingly crafted from raw elephant droppings.

My next step is twofold. I'm going to relay the sorry saga to Tim Spence and Carolan Lennon via email. I'm sure it will be intercepted by minions way down the food chain, but we'll see. I also plan to send a registered letter requesting account cancellation to eir's registered office address. [snipped]

Regards
    Paul

Advertisement