Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risco Agility alarm

Options
  • 30-01-2019 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I own a Risco Agility wireless alarm system. Originally the alarm was connected to the phone line and any intruder alerts and other important notifications were transmitted through the phone line to our mobile phones. Since we upgraded the home broadband, the original phone line was no longer operational as home phone set was directly plugged into the router.
    I looked into installing a sim card, but discovered that the alarm supplied had no GSM module.
    I recently purchased a GSM module and a sim card that I managed to instal into the main panel. I went through the engineers manual trying to figure out how to set the module up without any success.
    I am unable to locate the electrician who originally install the alarm.
    I believe it needs to be configured using Risco configuration software.
    I would appreciate any advice or recommendations.
    I am based in Dublin,
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Usanjoyce wrote: »
    Hi there,

I own a Risco Agility wireless alarm system. Originally the alarm was connected to the phone line and any intruder alerts and other important notifications were transmitted through the phone line to our mobile phones. Since we upgraded the home broadband, the original phone line was no longer operational as home phone set was directly plugged into the router.
    I looked into installing a sim card, but discovered that the alarm supplied had no GSM module.
    I recently purchased a GSM module and a sim card that I managed to instal into the main panel. I went through the engineers manual trying to figure out how to set the module up without any success.
    I am unable to locate the electrician who originally install the alarm.
    I believe it needs to be configured using Risco configuration software.
    I would appreciate any advice or recommendations.
    I am based in Dublin,
    Thanks

If the new system is virgin media you could of ran a cable to the modem and used the line to continue getting voice activation's from the alarm system.
    The Risco standalone GSM gives a line also so it should of been a mater of doing the same, you should not need the software.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Usanjoyce

Thank you very much for your advice. Unfortunately the virgin media router and alarm main panel are in different rooms across the hall. I don’t want to see any cables running along the walls.
    I already have an original built in gsm module installed.. I just would like it to get configured.
    With the stand alone module, does it have to be Risco, or can I purchase some other, cheaper brands?
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Usanjoyce wrote: »
    Thank you very much for your advice. Unfortunately the virgin media router and alarm main panel are in different rooms across the hall. I don’t want to see any cables running along the walls.
    I already have an original built in gsm module installed.. I just would like it to get configured.
    With the stand alone module, does it have to be Risco, or can I purchase some other, cheaper brands?
    Thanks again.

If you ring REW they will put you in touch with a few installers if you want the GSM set up.
    The standalone GSM would just give you a line out which just connects to the dialer in the panel. As you have this set up it would be plug and play.

Advertisement