Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad to old monitor for the turbo?

Options
  • 30-01-2019 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

I have an old computer monitor with the fittings in the pic.
    Is there an easy/cheap way to transfer films etc to this from an iPhone/iPad for watching on the turbo?
    I don't have wifi in the shed so it has to be downloaded Netflix stuff etc
    471733.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

I bought a lightning to hdmi lead that works well. You’d find it if you google. Got it from gearbest or one of the Chinese suppliers.
    TGD wrote: »
    I have an old computer monitor with the fittings in the pic.
    Is there an easy/cheap way to transfer films etc to this from an iPhone/iPad for watching on the turbo?
    I don't have wifi in the shed so it has to be downloaded Netflix stuff etc
    471733.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

You may need a genuine apple cable. It's 60 euro. You won't find it cheaper anywhere easy. Apple dont allow places to sell tgeir accessories on sale. Apple have software in the circuits in cable that is needed for some Apps to play on external devices, Netflix etc. A spurious one may not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

I use one for the turbo... got it for 20quid on adverts. Lightning to HDMI. Works perfect. Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭TGD

Thanks guys. What about sound? Can I get that to earphones from the iPad via Bluetooth or doi have to have speakers for the monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Lightning to HDMI adapter direct from Apple here

You could pair bluetooth headphones or a speaker to the iPad and off you go

• Advertisement
Advertisement