If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundbar/TV

Options
  • 30-01-2019 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey Guys

Looking for advice as I'm moving a Panasonic AS650???? (think its about 3-4 years old) that is currently connected to a Denon/Monitor Audio Radius setup from yourselves in the man cave into an open plan area for the family to use.

Never heard the TV on with its own speakers so assuming that I'll need to connect something to upgrade the sound.

Need to get it ASAP as the carpenter has just told me that he has had a cancellation and is coming Monday to build the units that the TVs will be housed in so no pressure!

Not able to go with a full wired 5.1 system. Do I just go soundbar or do I go Soundbar + wireless sub? Anything that you would recommend?

Have a Play5 in the kitchen so is it worth pushing the boat out and going the Sonos playbar route at this stage and building it out over time? Is the playbar worth it?

Will also be looking at a new tv for the man cave. Will be replacing a 55 inch but possibly looking at upgrading to a 65 inch depending on the overall dimensions and budget. Primarily watch sport and films. From reading through the forum, if I'm going with a 55 inch assuming the LG OLED would be the one? However not sure that the budget will stretch to the 65 inch LG OLED? 

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

zobomann wrote: »
    Hey Guys

Looking for advice as I'm moving a Panasonic AS650???? (think its about 3-4 years old) that is currently connected to a Denon/Monitor Audio Radius setup from yourselves in the man cave into an open plan area for the family to use.

Never heard the TV on with its own speakers so assuming that I'll need to connect something to upgrade the sound.

Need to get it ASAP as the carpenter has just told me that he has had a cancellation and is coming Monday to build the units that the TVs will be housed in so no pressure!

Not able to go with a full wired 5.1 system. Do I just go soundbar or do I go Soundbar + wireless sub? Anything that you would recommend?

Have a Play5 in the kitchen so is it worth pushing the boat out and going the Sonos playbar route at this stage and building it out over time? Is the playbar worth it?

Will also be looking at a new tv for the man cave. Will be replacing a 55 inch but possibly looking at upgrading to a 65 inch depending on the overall dimensions and budget. Primarily watch sport and films. From reading through the forum, if I'm going with a 55 inch assuming the LG OLED would be the one? However not sure that the budget will stretch to the 65 inch LG OLED? 

Thanks
    Hi Zobomann.

Thanks for the post.

OLED is the way to go but as you say you do pay a premium.

We are currently offer the 55B8PLA for 1279 Euro which includes delivery and our 6 year guarantee. The PLA version does have upgraded speakers so sound better the the normal flat screen.

Going up to the 65" you would be looking at 65B8S which is priced at 1999.00 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203507-lg-oled65b8s-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

If the 65" OLED is outside of budget.
    The Sony 65XF9005 is a fantastic television. Priced at 1719.35 Euro (5 star reviewed in What HiFi)
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203178-sony-kd65xf9005-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

On the home cinema side of things. It really is hard to beat a 5.1 separate setup unfortunately.
    Soundbar with wireless sub would be the next best thing.

The Sonos Playbar is a great bit of kit and sounds great. It does help to have the subwoofer with it as it can be a little light on the bass.
    For the Playbar you would be looking at 729 Euro. The sub is priced at 699 Euro. Both these Euro prices are already much cheaper than our advertised sterling pricing.

You can at a later date add it play 1 are rears to recreate the 5.1 feeling.

It also depends on what sources you are using as the PlayBar route would have all sources connected to the TV first and then optical from the TV to the Bar.

You could perhaps look at the LG SK10Y which is a 5.1.2 Atmos soundbar. Currently priced at 899 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203336-lg-sk10y-5-1-2-ch-high-res-audio-soundbar-with-dolby-atmos.aspx
    This has 2 HDMI inputs and 1 output allowing you to connect directly to the bar for better audio quality.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 zobomann

Kenny

Thanks for this, looks like I need to make a decision on this quickly. Torn between leaving my existing set up alone and going with the 55 OLED and soundbar for the family and on the other hand getting the 65 OLED for myself!

Only sources connected would be Bluray and Virgin Media box so I would need a few cables and also the a wall mount.

If I was in a position to confirm later on this morning, what are the chances (if any) that I could have everything on site on Monday? Based in Dublin 14. 

Thanks

Kenny

Thanks for this, looks like I need to make a decision on this quickly. Torn between leaving my existing set up alone and going with the 55 OLED and soundbar for the family and on the other hand getting the 65 OLED for myself!

Only sources connected would be Bluray and Virgin Media box so I would need a few cables and also the a wall mount.

If I was in a position to confirm later on this morning, what are the chances (if any) that I could have everything on site on Monday? Based in Dublin 14. 

Thanks
    Hey Zobomann.

Sorry for the delay it getting back to you.

The quickest I could get something to you would be Tuesday at this stage.
    Although there maybe a slim chance I could have a 55" OED to you for Monday as our courier have a few 55B8S and 55B8PLA in our section in their depot.

Kenny

Thanks
    Hey Zobomann.

Although there maybe a slim chance I could have a 55" OED to you for Monday as our courier have a few 55B8S and 55B8PLA in our section in their depot.

Just checking if I go with the 65 LG OLED and the LG soundbar it would be Tuesday delivery?

Kenny

Thanks
    Hey Zobomann.

Just checking if I go with the 65 LG OLED and the LG soundbar it would be Tuesday delivery?
    Hey Zobomann.

Yes it would be possible as Dublin is usually next day and we could ship them out on Monday.

This does depend on the weather as they ship out of Manchester.

• Advertisement

Kenny

Thanks
    Hey Zobomann.

Hey Zobomann.

Yes it would be possible as Dublin is usually next day and we could ship them out on Monday.

pm sent

Kenny

Thanks
    Hey Zobomann.

Hey Zobomann.

pm sent
    Hi Zobomann,

I'll get back to you asap!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Zobomann,

I'll get back to you asap!

Guys we can deliver 55C8 or 55B8s to D14 tomorrow, Sunday- they are available from buffer stock in Dublin..

Keep us posted..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.