Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocktail shopping list

Options
  • 30-01-2019 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'm planning a mocktail night for a youth club. Young teens.

Would anyone like to hazard a shopping list I should get from tesco so as to cover a couple of different mocktails?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,011 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Soda water, ginger ale, grenadine (not the easiest to find though), tonic water, coke, 7up, orange juice, lemons, limes - that will cover the majority of the "famous" mocktails and allow a bit of experimentation. Maybe pineapple juice and coconut if you want to try doing pina colada style things but its needlessly messy.

Garnishes (cherries really - onions and olives sort of need the alcohol to not taste odd!) and tacky 80s accessories (umbrellas, straws) may be popular depending how young the kids are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I can't remember if I've ever heard of mocktails but looking at this site makes me very interested as I don't drink. They look divine:
    https://www.sofeminine.co.uk/cooking-food/mocktails-our-top-non-alcoholic-cocktails-s1472447.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Tabasco (for Virgin Mary)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You can get liquer essences intended to be added to spirits. They can be got in homebrew shops, or amazon.co.uk

Triple sec would be a common liquer for cocktails, the likes of cointreau, grand marnier, blue curacao would be similar flavours with varying amounts of sugar. A blue lagoon has blue curacao which would be just blue food colouring, but seems to impress youngsters.

You could get some other flavours, like peach schnapps. I would not bother with tequila, though included in many cocktails.

Advertisement