Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulsterbank ufirst removing benefits

• 30-01-2019 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭

Ulsterbank have now removed mobile phone insurance fro this account, starting to wonder if its worth while having at all now. The 25% ticket discount is decent I suppose

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭frash

It's still worth it to me for the discount I get on the tracker mortgage but the phone insurance was a handy one to have.
    I've claimed twice on it over the years so will need to look into alternatives.

The 25% off ticketmaster is amazing and has saved me thousands over the last 11 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Got the same letter in the post yesterday and really annoyed that they are removing the mobile phone insurance. I've actually had to get 2 phones replaced through the insurance previously so it probably the benefit I have gotten most use from.

The Ticketmaster discount is still great but don't get to go as many gigs these days so might not be worth the €15 per month fees at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Got the same letter in the post yesterday and really annoyed that they are removing the mobile phone insurance. I've actually had to get 2 phones replaced through the insurance previously so it probably the benefit I have gotten most use from.

The Ticketmaster discount is still great but don't get to go as many gigs these days so might not be worth the €15 per month fees at this stage.

It usually pays for itself with one trip a year to Electric Picnic but that letter yesterday was some amount of BS, a real half-hearted attempt to explain why they were being tight fckers.

griffdaddy wrote: »
    It usually pays for itself with one trip a year to Electric Picnic but that letter yesterday was some amount of BS, a real half-hearted attempt to explain why they were being tight fckers.

Agree
    If they wanted to keep the benefit then they could have found another company to work with.

I suspect this is the beginning of the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Do any other banks offer a similar extra benefit account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Do any other banks offer a similar extra benefit account?

Explore account with PTSB and AnPost Smart account (often known as not so smart account!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭jhansynk10

This is the 2nd benefit they've removed since I joined. They had a death benefit too which they got rid of. Saying that it's still good value with travel insurance, ticketmaster discount and all inclusive banking.

Scratch that, it's actually the third benefit removed (Death benefit and Lifestyle manager were removed previously). I've written a letter of complaint to the below customer manager citing the N26 and Revolut black accounts as having similar benefits. if anyone is similarly t'd off then suggest you do the same.

Customer Services Manager
    ufirst Membership Services
    Sentinel House
    Airspeed Road
    Portsmouth
    P03 5RF

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Fatz1966

Ulsterbank are taking the Mickey (again). They induced us to take out their products years back and offered us this service as the inducement. They are now withdrawing it, bit by bit, as it is no longer profit-making. I believe it is a breach of their own T&C's as this is not 'altering' the service, it is 'discontinuing' it, because it is not worth them finding an alternative provider. I would urge you all to formally complain as it is a breach of contract and you are entitled to restitution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

Ulsterbank have now removed mobile phone insurance fro this account, starting to wonder if its worth while having at all now. The 25% ticket discount is decent I suppose

does this apply to current or just new customers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Fatz1966

RFOLEY1990 wrote: »

All

You can't get the Ufirst account anymore so it applies to existing customers only.
    Write the old letter of complaint and see what comes back is what I say. If N26 and Revolut can find a provider, then surely Ulsterbank can too.

jhansynk10 wrote: »
    You can't get the Ufirst account anymore so it applies to existing customers only.
    Write the old letter of complaint and see what comes back is what I say. If N26 and Revolut can find a provider, then surely Ulsterbank can too.

just so I'm clear in my complaint letter, what are they able to find a provider for?

which of the 3 removed services?

N26 are able to provide a policy for purchases made with the card itself (basically if you buy your IPhone with the card provided by the bank it will be covered in regards to both theft and damage). Revolut provide a discount device insurance package on the black account, they also have a lifestyle manager (concierge). Allianz underwrite the insurance package for N26, not sure about Revolut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Does anyone know if we'll be hit with the fees that are being reintroduced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

The Ulster Bank fee changes announced today seem to effect the following products:
    Current
    Standard
    Dual
    Current Account Plus
    Facility Accounts

Source: here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

RFOLEY1990 wrote: »

There hasn't been such a thing as a "new" ufirstgold customer for years as they've withdrawn the product.

Haven't booked a ticket on ticketmaster in a while now but now that I do I have to do the following.
    Is this a new thing??

Dear XXXXXXX,

Thank you for notifying us that you have made a ticket booking via the Membership Services website.

So that we can credit your account with the cash back amount due we require some additional information about your booking (reference XXXXXXXXXX).

What do I need to do?

Please forward the booking confirmation email you received when you completed your booking to CustomerService@affinioninternational.com

Once we receive your booking confirmation email, you can expect to receive your cash back within 5 working days.

You usually have to claim it back via the portal, the feature itself on the portal could be down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

I rang Customer Services about this. They said no. Still the 10 per month flat fee for this account.

For now I'm keeping this account as the two main benefits I use are still there. But if either of them are discontinued I'll be gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Gerribaby

Hi . Just wondering if anyone that sent on a complaint actually heard back from UB . Strongly thinking about putting in a complaint myself ... thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cardinal tetra

So is it still worth having this account now that ticketmaster is essentially a non event fpr years to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

So is it still worth having this account now that ticketmaster is essentially a non event fpr years to come.

I'm probably going to close this account once I get my ticketmaster refunds for 2 shows that will be cancelled/rescheduled. The other benefit I use is the travel insurance. Again, a non-event.

It's still good for discounted loan & mortgage rates

Advertisement