Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€20 prepay sim

• 30-01-2019 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I purchased a €20 prepay sim on Sunday. I have opted for the 20Gb data and unlimited texts for the 28 days plan.I just want to know what happens after the 28 days are up.Will the texts and data stop working.Also if I use up the 20Gb of data before the 28 days will I be charged extra?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

edward901 wrote: »
    I purchased a €20 prepay sim on Sunday. I have opted for the 20Gb data and unlimited texts for the 28 days plan.I just want to know what happens after the 28 days are up.Will the texts and data stop working.Also if I use up the 20Gb of data before the 28 days will I be charged extra?
    Hi edward901, 

If you use up your allowance before the month is up it will tell you that you need to top up. 

At the end of the offer, you will need to top up to activate it again. 

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭edward901

I have just gone over the 28 days and am still able to use the internet.I received a text message today about going over the daily allowance of 100mb.Does this mean that I will be charged for using the internet outside of the 28 day period.Will it be taken from the €20 top up when ever I do top up.I would have taught that all data services would stop at the end of the 28 day period.

I have just gone over the 28 days and am still able to use the internet.I received a text message today about going over the daily allowance of 100mb.Does this mean that I will be charged for using the internet outside of the 28 day period.Will it be taken from the €20 top up when ever I do top up.I would have taught that all data services would stop at the end of the 28 day period.
    Hi edwards901, 

When your plan ends you would need to top up to get the plan to activate again. 

If you use the internet before the plan activates the daily charge will be taken from your credit and your plan will not activate. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

It would be much better if the internet stopped working straight away after the 28 days are up.How am I supposed to know how much to top by in order for the plan to activate.Very annoying.

It would be much better if the internet stopped working straight away after the 28 days are up.How am I supposed to know how much to top by in order for the plan to activate.Very annoying.
    Hi edward901, 

We would not have access to your mobile to block mobile data. You would need to switch the internet off on your phone to avoid getting charged before your plan activates. 

If you PM the following details I can check if this is the case with your account?
    1. Mobile Number
    2. PIN Number
    3. Name on Account
    4. Address
    5. DOB
    6. Are you the Account Holder? 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Advertisement

A €20 prepay sim from 3 mobile will stop working after the 28 days have passed.At least you know where you stand.Another €20 top up will get you going again.

This is an excuse by eir to get more money out of me. Because they know that the €20 top up won't be enough for the plan to activate. I will probably have to put €30 of credit on my phone to get the offer again.
    Hi edward901, 

If you could PM the details I requested above I can check how much credit you have remaining. 

Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭davo2001

Why are you trying to blame Eir for your own laziness? If you're using android you can set it so that the mobile internet connection is stopped if xGB are used in a certain period, i'd be surprised if the option isn't available on iOS also.

Or you can just check your balance on the website or app. 

Christ, if I had to deal with people like you on a daily basis....

A €20 prepay sim from 3 mobile will stop working after the 28 days have passed.At least you know where you stand.Another €20 top up will get you going again.
    Hi edwards901, 

I have responded to your PM. 

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭paddy19

"Why are you trying to blame Eir for your own laziness? If you're using android you can set it so that the mobile internet connection is stopped if xGB are used in a certain period, i'd be surprised if the option isn't available on iOS also.

Or you can just check your balance on the website or app.

Christ, if I had to deal with people like you on a daily basis...."

Why are jumping on the customer.

Why in the name of God (since you brought him up) should you have to check your balance every day because Eir deliberately won't cut off the data so that they can take an outrageous €1.99 per day for 100MB, and €20.48 per GB thereafter.

I jest you not, you get 20GB for €20 but Eir take €20 for 1GB over the limit......

You work out who the plonker is here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement