Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There is nothing new under the sun

Options
  • 31-01-2019 2:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

Guys, a question here from me and maybe it's been asked before.

If an account is closed does the user name become available again? Or does that user name land on a restricted list?

What has been shall be again.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Usernames do not become available once an account is closed - if you think about it, it makes sense, as even though the poster has left the site, their posts still remain, and are associated with that username. If you try to create an account using that name, it will be forbidden.

If a poster posts in the name change thread (a subscriber benefit) and requests a name that has already been used, but has no to few posts associated with it, some time in the distant past, then an admin may, at their discretion, assign that name to the poster requesting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Could I be assigned 'gdwyer' please? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

If an inactive account is closed under the new GDPR rules, will that username be anonymised? if so i baggsy NOTORIOUS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Ted Plain

Thanks, Mike. I was discussing this with a Boards mod that I know and this is what we thought would be the case.

Advertisement