Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACCA or CPA

• 31-01-2019 6:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Hey people, Im currently doing an accounting degree in the US and will complete a masters of accountancy by 2021. I will sit my CPA exams in whichever state I get hired after school. Someone from the ACCA came to our school and told me I should take the ACCA exams because I've expressed an interest in moving home and that the ACCA is recognized in Ireland. The big 4 recruits very heavily from my school so will hopefully go work for one of them. I would love to move home to Ireland in the next five years tho but i'm worried that I will have to start from scratch and my CPA license won't mean anything and this ACCA thing would not be accepted in practice. Does anyone have any experience with my situation or something similar or even heard of this ACCA?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭ACADasltiv

If it was a choice between becoming a CPA or ACCA in Ireland then I'd go for ACCA because of the far larger membership base and better recognition. However, CPA Ireland isn't the same as the one in the US - in fact they're actually more aligned with ACA in Ireland than CPA.

Chartered Accounts Ireland have a mutual recognition agreement with CPA in the US and I believe you can transfer your membership to ACA if you satisfy certain criteria. It would be worth checking out and perhaps contacting Chartered Accountants Ireland to find out what you'd need to do. If it was an easy changeover then I'd definitely do CPA in the US, you'd have the best of both worlds; part of the largest accountancy body in the US and then ACA which is the largest accountancy body in Ireland.

Advertisement