Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement for Kat Von D liner

Options
  • 31-01-2019 11:13am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am just about finished my Kat Von D Tattoo Liner but as much as I love the product, I don't want to purchase from that brand anymore.

Any recommendations for a felt tip liner? The KVD one seems to be a brush of sorts, so I find it more flexible than other pen liners. I have tried Rimmel Scandeleyes & Soap and Glory Supercat, but the nibs are too hard.

I've heard good things about the Chanel one, it seems to be a brush too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Out of curiosity, why don’t you want to purchase from the brand anymore?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Just not on board with supporting someone who uses her platform to promote anti-vaccination. I know that's her and not the brand, but there's plenty of other companies to choose from so that's what I'm doing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Twee. wrote: »
    I am just about finished my Kat Von D Tattoo Liner but as much as I love the product, I don't want to purchase from that brand anymore.

Any recommendations for a felt tip liner? The KVD one seems to be a brush of sorts, so I find it more flexible than other pen liners. I have tried Rimmel Scandeleyes & Soap and Glory Supercat, but the nibs are too hard.

I've heard good things about the Chanel one, it seems to be a brush too.

Ah I hear you on binning KVD. I finished her foundation in December and ahm done wi it now. I loved the highlighters and colourful lipsticks.

I love felt eye liners and didn't actually have much success wi the KVD one. But I'm finding the Sephora brand eyeliner fantastic. I have watery eyes and the KVD one would smudge, but this one lasts nearly all day and is very black.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

I've not tried it personally but I've heard good things about the Hourglass liner - its pricey enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Don't have a replacement to recommend as I haven't got round to getting one yet but for what it's worth, the tattoo liner has gone downhill anyway. Will be keeping an eye on this thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

I've heard alot of people compare the Stila Stay All Day liner to the Kat Von D one but I haven't tried it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Laura Kennedy of the Irish Times raves about the Chanel version - pricey but meant to be amazing. Shes well worth a follow on instagram.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

That's where I saw the Chanel one for the first time! She's definitely a beauty journalist I would trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SallyGreen

I prefer Lancome or MAC. They can last all day long and easy to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I've recommended it elsewhere in this forum recently enough but for this kind of applicator the NYX Epic Ink is fantastic, really really black and does not budge even on my very oily eyelids and in temps of 30C+. It's the same kind of nib as Tattoo Liner but I find it much better, Tattoo Liner wasn't black enough for my liking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement